• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

Shawn, Alex and Charlotte are TPWW. This other individual is not even well known outside the hardcore fans. He might appear three times a year at most and does some bits behind the scenes. If he is found guilty no one outside this forum and a few hundred on twitter is going to care. That sounds harsh but it is the truth.

I think people need to stop over estimating the impact TPWW has in the real world.
"This other individual"

4 people have been named. All have appeared in TPW content, and all currently appear on monetised videos currently on YouTube.

Shawn is TPW. Anyone else is a self-confessed guest.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

"This other individual"

4 people have been named. All have appeared in TPW content, and all currently appear on monetised videos currently on YouTube.

Shawn is TPW. Anyone else is a self-confessed guest.

I meant in terms of viewers see it as those three. I'm well aware it's Shawn's baby.

I think the least he should've done is stopped posting videos for a few weeks or until the investigation has concluded.

I can understand that he may not know the best way to handle a situation like this, but to carry on posting videos as if nothing has happended given the seriousness of the allegations comes across as pretty insensitive.
I don’t get why it’s so hard just to show just an ounce of care and compassion. that all people want to see and hear. Just saying you find the allegations upsetting is enough to acknowledge them and respect the victims without Affecting the investigation. I’m just interested to see how long they can keep it up for to be honest.

I don’t get why it’s so hard just to show just an ounce of care and compassion. that all people want to see and hear. Just saying you find the allegations upsetting is enough to acknowledge them and respect the victims without Affecting the investigation. I’m just interested to see how long they can keep it up for to be honest.
This is what I've been trying to communicate. People don't want chapter and verse on what's going on, they just want to know he cares. If he's able to demonstrate that then people will climb off his back.

Basically I think this has brought to the boil some very clear feelings certain members have about Shawn, which have been simmering on this forum for some time. Some enjoy his content, and some absolutely hate it. I was vaguely complimentary about him in one of my first posts here and was treated as if I was some sort of fanatic.

With no offence meant whatsoever, and without meaning to trivialise what is going on with TPWW, I take it is no longer acceptable to discuss TPWW on this page anymore unless it's do with what is going on with the allegations etc?

Just want to be clear on this.

I think the least he should've done is stopped posting videos for a few weeks or until the investigation has concluded.

I can understand that he may not know the best way to handle a situation like this, but to carry on posting videos as if nothing has happended given the seriousness of the allegations comes across as pretty insensitive.

But an investigation could take months or years to complete. I'm not sure how he is supposed to post statement supporting the alleged victims and what they may have been through, when no investigation has taken place to find out whether its the truth.
I would have thought that stopping making videos would make a greater number of people assume that he has something to be guilty about, when as far as we know none of these alleged victims have even been to the police yet.

The police will be able to make matches to the case when people report to them, so nobody needs to be worried about getting a crime number from him.

I have now looked at twitter further and seen that a male now anonymously claimed another person sexually assaulted them. Of course, serious if it was to have happened, but the anonymous post to a friend nature of twitter seems very dangerous to me and could really affect peoples lives when anyone seems. The one poster keeps giving more information about anonymous people, however this could be my lack of twitter understanding.

If my boss saw the sort of stuff that’s been bounced about on social media right now I’d be on gardening leave within seconds. He has shown no care or compassion to any of the victims a simple copy and pasted statement means nothing.

Wait a minute, don't one of the alleged persons worked at the Towers? I wonder why no one has called for the towers to make a statement or to close the park down until the investigations have been concluded? :rolleyes:

Basically I think this has brought to the boil some very clear feelings certain members have about Shawn, which have been simmering on this forum for some time. Some enjoy his content, and some absolutely hate it. I was vaguely complimentary about him in one of my first posts here and was treated as if I was some sort of fanatic.

Yep, there is clearly a lack of love going on here for TPWW, and that was before the allegations came to light :rolleyes:

But an investigation could take months or years to complete. I'm not sure how he is supposed to post statement supporting the alleged victims and what they may have been through, when no investigation has taken place to find out whether its the truth.
I would have thought that stopping making videos would make a greater number of people assume that he has something to be guilty about, when as far as we know none of these alleged victims have even been to the police yet.

The police will be able to make matches to the case when people report to them, so nobody needs to be worried about getting a crime number from him.

I have now looked at twitter further and seen that a male now anonymously claimed another person sexually assaulted them. Of course, serious if it was to have happened, but the anonymous post to a friend nature of twitter seems very dangerous to me and could really affect peoples lives when anyone seems. The one poster keeps giving more information about anonymous people, however this could be my lack of twitter understanding.

With any type of sexual assault you always have to presume the victim is right and go from there. Whether or not there are criminal charges as a result of this does not excuse the behaviour of certain individuals (of which there is proof). Because of this, certain individuals should not ever appear in vlogs again.

It's a strange thing to say "nobody needs to be worried about getting a crime number from him". They are asking for it, he is not supplying it.

As I have previously said, nobody has a reason to lie, and if anything comes out that anybody has been lying then they should rightly be prosecuted for that.

Not really, that was me who responded to your first post I think, I just thought the idea he had done a "better" paint job than the actual park was a step into silly territory (but you're entitled to your opinion). More because of the wider response online making out his bookworm restoration was something to be in awe of, not specifically about your post

Whereas in this topic I've barely posted and havn't said anything specifically about Shawn himself, although I've been closely reading the allegations.

I wouldnt say there's some kind of vendetta on this forum, I think the critical response of Shawn online has been justified

Let's not make this into another dumb personality thing over one guy and learn a better lesson from the whole saga

I have only been a member for a couple of days, however I have looked at the forums forna while and have not seen anything remotely nasty said about Shawn.

On the contrary, I feel as though there are fans who are going out of their way to defend him, which is strange given the current circumstances.

Shawn isn't perfect and isn't to everyone's taste. If you like him I don't have an issue, if you don't that's also OK.

It's alright to admit that someone you like has done something wrong.

With any type of sexual assault you always have to presume the victim is right and go from there. Whether or not there are criminal charges as a result of this does not excuse the behaviour of certain individuals (of which there is proof). Because of this, certain individuals should not ever appear in vlogs again.

I have not said I think the people are downright lying, I just think it seems strange they are posting it on public twitter rather than dealing with it through the correct routes of going to the police. I have also seen people saying Shawn should not have gone to the police as its not his right to report the girls stories without there permission. But then there also people saying he should be making the crime number public. I don't think people will ever agree on how to handle this, but it does seem he hasn't handled it as well as he could. But he isn't a multinational corporation, he's just a guy with the video camera, so I think its entirely possible he just doesn't know how to handle things like this.

Not really, that was me who responded to your first post I think, I just thought the idea he had done a "better" paint job than the actual park was a step into silly territory (but you're entitled to your opinion). More because of the wider response online making out his bookworm restoration was something to be in awe of, not specifically about your post

My comment wasn't intended to be a dig at you. It was a general commentary about the atmosphere regarding Shawn on this forum. Some were very quick to criticise and others were very quick to defend even on something as innocuous as a discussion about the Bookworm.