• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thirteen: General Discussion

Am I the only one unwilling to accept maintainence being behind schedule. They have months to prepare so why are they always behind. Absolutely no excuses all trains should be ready from the get go. Spinball being shut until April too, unacceptable really isn't on they need to sort themselves out
Spinball ran through until Christmas and has had additional work done over closed season that hasn't been done in previous years - hence the extra time needed.

Staffing is also a deciding factor as to how quickly these things can be done. They can't just pull qualified techies out of thin air.

It's not ideal but there's reasoning behind it.

Don't know of a British park that has all trains running on coasters at the start of the season.
Train stripdowns take time...how many individual trains are there at the Towers?
More than a closed seasons work, before they get round to track and infrastructure checks.
This is a long way from peak season...this is still very much thoosie time.
And "unwilling to accept"...sounds good, but what choice do you have?
Accept it, it is all you get for a hundred quid a year...voting with your feet is not an option when they already have your money.
Completely acceptable.
It is all the breakdowns that are more of an issue apparently, not trains in service.

Am I the only one unwilling to accept maintainence being behind schedule. They have months to prepare so why are they always behind. Absolutely no excuses all trains should be ready from the get go. Spinball being shut until April too, unacceptable really isn't on they need to sort themselves out
As well as @rob666's reasons, for all we know, all the trains could've been ready for the season and when they were doing final testing something could've failed causing one to be taken out of service. When safety is paramount, the tiniest thing can and will delay maintenance on these very complex machines. Add to that staffing and potential supply chain issues and you have a perfect storm causing delays.

What would you rather - an attitude of "ah it's ok, stick it in service while the part is on order, the train should be ok" or "Train failed its tests, withdraw it until fixed" ?

You could make station announcements...
"Train three, coming into the station now, failed a couple of minor safety checks this morning, but we wanted to minimise queue times to enhance our customer experience.
If you would prefer to wait for a safer train, please stand back from the turnstiles and allow another customer past. A million thanks."
Sorted.

Wicker Man last season had a train fail the day before opening day so was on 1 train. Not ideal.

With 13, the extra faff of no bag store and a poorly designed exit system plus 2 out of 3 trains add up to a mess.

They've got rid of the bag store again? Great! Appreciate it is likely a staffing issue.

Just insist people ride with bags between their feet, like at Disney.
Given that you are not allowed to do that on RC Racer at DLP, I'm assuming that it's not just as simple as that.

Given that you are not allowed to do that on RC Racer at DLP, I'm assuming that it's not just as simple as that.
But the only coaster that Disney (in US/Paris at least I'm not familiar with China/Japan) have lockers for is Tron. I've not been to DLP since RC Racer opened but I guess as that goes close to guest areas there are more concerns. But on Rock'n'Rollercoaster and Big Thunder bags had to be carried onto the train. Thirteen is not significantly different to either of them.

But on Rock'n'Rollercoaster and Big Thunder bags had to be carried onto the train. Thirteen is not significantly different to either of them.
I have mentioned before how I have taken a wheely suitcase on Rn'Rc.

I am sure it'd be fine but a load of loose items in the Crypt sounds a bit perilous. Having any such system feels like a bad cultural fit for Merlin, post Smiler.

I have mentioned before how I have taken a wheely suitcase on Rn'Rc.

I am sure it'd be fine but a load of loose items in the Crypt sounds a bit perilous. Having any such system feels like a bad cultural fit for Merlin, post Smiler.

Since the X incident its been a no loose items /bag policy across the parks

Since the X incident its been a no loose items /bag policy across the parks
Except at Legoland where I believe you can now take bags on their Dragon coaster, which is definitely odd when you can’t on some of the smaller rides.

Meanwhile in Europe in a lot of parks you’ll be able to take bags on much bigger and faster rides with no issues.