• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thirteen: General Discussion

Could they not put in brakes like what a hydraulic launch coaster would have on the launch track as obviously they can't put anti roll back on top of a 200+ foot top hat so there's fin brakes that work at the bottom of the launch track just in case the ride comes rolling back in this instance there's no anti rollback because it's not a chain lift so could they not put brakes there before the station.

My knowledge of engineering is very limited but to me it just feels like a big oversight for there not being any precautions in case a tyre slipping to stop the train from rolling backwards into the station and colliding with another ride vehicle, even if there wasn't any bad injuries.

I just always assumed these things are so over engineered that even if they knew a chance of tyres failing was very unlikely there would be some sort of fail safe in place even if it was less than like 0.002% chance so like 1/50,000.

I guess it's not the same as a normal lift hill because from my understanding it's impossible for a train to roll back with the standard anti roll back system on a lift hill.

It seems to run in light drizzle/rain but stops during heavier bursts - revised risk assessment maybe? Either way it is still something of a farce.
Better than last year when it closed whenever they even had a tingling spider sense that a rain drop might be nearby but still not ideal, let's not forget it started of last year being able to run in the rain but that didn't last long.

Emphasis on the still a farce, but admittedly a reduced one. Reasonably confident it is an easy problem to engineer out if you really wanted to.

They’ve had a change to the exit and RAP queue for TH13TEEN this year.

The RAP queue goes up it’s usual queue, but where it would then split to FT and RAP, FT splits as normal, but RAP then goes up towards the rides exit, and now uses the rides old exit ramp, up to the station.

The exit of the ride now comes out past baggage and then down the old RAP queue, coming out near the shop.

I have to say it is slightly a mess, especially as the RAP queue just ends near the ride exit and they then have to work out where they have to go. I guess it’s easier for the exit and RAP to cross there near the photo kiosk rather than previously right near the ride exit which was a bit messy.

Could see the front carriage from the 3rd train under the lift hill today.

Not sure what it's doing there but presume it wont be running on 3 soon if it still needs to be put back together.

Could see the front carriage from the 3rd train under the lift hill today.

Not sure what it's doing there but presume it wont be running on 3 soon if it still needs to be put back together.
do u reckon the trains have had extra work done to run in the rain? or just general waiting on parts/behind on maintenance sort of deal??

This was taken by a friend on Monday. When is a wall not a wall?

FB_IMG_1679742344245.jpg
I've seen that last year when I was queuing yet didn't bother to talk about in my trip report...surprised no one has noticed until now. Shame as if it wasn't for it exposing itself it does look like a genuine brick wall.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned here, but this year
th13teen.png

the ride is
8b4c37_8ffc75bb652b448c86856ceef4426ede~mv2.jpg

years old.

Mentioned on TS socials last Monday for its birthday. Coincidentally me and @MattyH rode it that day not realising it until we saw the post after riding it.

And after all these years I'm still trying to get my head around the reason for the name in why it was picked in the first place.

do u reckon the trains have had extra work done to run in the rain? or just general waiting on parts/behind on maintenance sort of deal??
Am I the only one unwilling to accept maintainence being behind schedule. They have months to prepare so why are they always behind. Absolutely no excuses all trains should be ready from the get go. Spinball being shut until April too, unacceptable really isn't on they need to sort themselves out

They’re inexcusably running a lot of rides on fumes, but have attempted to mitigate via the use of fairground rides. The guest satisfaction levels must be holding up somehow though, as they like a good u-turn when the coffers are down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk