• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thirteen: General Discussion

Might even be down to a lack of ops or something and the weather was a real cause previously so a white lie works well.

Might even be down to a lack of ops or something and the weather was a real cause previously so a white lie works well.
To be fair I did see a lot of the staff leaving the ride around 15 minutes after it had closed so I don't think it was an op issue. When checking the app throughout the day it did briefly re-open again to only check it about 15 to 20 mins later when it started spitting with rain again.
Rita also did the announcement that it may have to close due to the weather but it carried on throughout.

To be fair I did see a lot of the staff leaving the ride around 15 minutes after it had closed so I don't think it was an op issue. When checking the app throughout the day it did briefly re-open again to only check it about 15 to 20 mins later when it started spitting with rain again.
Rita also did the announcement that it may have to close due to the weather but it carried on throughout.
Maybe they were picking up there was a bit of thunder nearby but nothing came of it?

Yeah I do find it hard to believe that they wouldn’t have found a more permanent solution, but I’m on park tomorrow on an almost certainly wet and windy day, lucky me most rides will probably be closed 👍🏻So I’ll check what the deal is with thirteen

Take back my above post, it can’t have been true. it didn’t run in the rain at all today, must’ve been open for about 30 minutes this morning? They told me they need 15 minutes of dry period basically to run it, we had about a 90 minute dry spell from about 4pm and it still didn’t open, didn’t even make an attempt to test from what I can tell. The issue needs permanently sorting now the rain restriction is back on it.

@Danscott22 I know you thought my response was somewhat curt the other day, but the above is my exact reason for it. Stuff is unpredictable, trying to have a plan to circumvent such things feels like a fool's errand to me.

But each to their own.

Yeah it just seemed like a sure fire guarantee that the strong winds were coming based on the forecast. They did back here in Mansfield where I live, but mum said the winds have been dire here, and it looked to be covering the whole country, but just didn’t at towers today.
Still, my point stands that they really need to get Thirteen sorted, or it’s just gonna be a knock on capacity again when it rains.

Noticed the air cannons were back in the crypt on Sunday - I don't think I've actually ever experienced Th13teen with it!
They've not worked all season. Maybe all of last season as well? They were definitely off on Saturday.

The strobes on the whole left hand side also don’t work, and neither does the smoke machine at the bottom of the crypt.

However the smoke was working as the train launched back in to the station.

I really enjoy thirteen, a bit forceless and a subpar layout but it's just a fun ride and always great to see people's reactions especially when you get a train of first timers.

Me and my friends have a bit of a childish gag where we always scream really loudly on it and get chants going, not sure why we just kinda do it for some reason.

But the fact it can't run in the cold or the rain now is just not fit for purpose in this country especially when it's such a popular night ride at scarefest which I was hoping for my first night this Halloween 🎃.