• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I have to admit, it does look very nice. :) But I'd like them to make it feel more of a hotel, rather than a Travel Lodge style accommodation. Make enclosed corridors and lifts up to the different floors, with windows in the corridors and a small waterfront pier.

I'd also really like them to add another shipping container an extension with proper restaurant and bar area rather than just using the dome.

Thorpe Park passed on some info to TPM regarding a John Wardley event and thought it may be of interest to some people on here too!

Tickets will be on sale through the Contact Centre soon - these prices do not include park admission.
£30pp
- Signed copy of ‘Creating My Nemesis’
- Lanyard with Backstage Pass
- Lunch in Marquee
- Q&A Session with John Wardley
- Raffle for a Lift Hill Walk on the day

£40pp
- Signed copy of ‘Creating My Nemesis’
- Lanyard with Backstage Pass
- Lunch in Marquee
- Q&A Session with John Wardley
- Raffle for a Lift Hill Walk on the day
- Backstage Tour of Nemesis Inferno workshop

BenBowser said:
I have to admit, it does look very nice. :) But I'd like them to make it feel more of a hotel, rather than a Travel Lodge style accommodation. Make enclosed corridors and lifts up to the different floors, with windows in the corridors and a small waterfront pier.

I'd also really like them to add another shipping container an extension with proper restaurant and bar area rather than just using the dome.

But why spend money on a restaurant when they have the dome? If it does go ahead with the concept art Shark theme then they may add a waterside bar, but adding kitchens gets expensive. I would rather they spent the money making a nicely themed hotel area with a good looking waterside bar and use the dome for a restaurant than do a poorly themed hotel with an extra restaurant.

They just need to make the hotel feel a bit more connected to the dome area, currently its all outside and if its raining you will get rather wet walking to the hotel from the dome, they should make it all undercover, or even get its own entrance into the dome.

Is it true that rush is the biggest screamin swing? I assumed they were all the same...

ypu6a7e3.jpg

Iv'e never heard it marketed as that before that's all..

I think it might have been the biggest when it was built, but it certainly isn't any more. The largest is Skyhawk at Cedar Point - a 40 seat model more than 40ft taller than Rush

You would think that a theme park marketing team would have done a little research before stating a claim like that though...

Makes sense though, they obviously needed a refresh of Marketing personnel.

At least they are not explorer wizards, concocting a wizardly potion for all of us new wizards to magically ignore lap up. I hate all that M£rlin talk...

Calling all Wizards...

You are invited to our exclusive Passholder & Member Big Preview Weekend! We've spent the winter making our Worlds even more fun and we really want to show them off - but only to people who've proved they can unleash their own inner wizard. We want you to experience it first, so we're holding Passholder & Member only days at Chessington World of Adventures Resort and THORPE PARK Resort on the 15th and 16th March 2014, 10am to 5pm (Chessington) and 10am to 4pm (THORPE PARK).

Space is limited (even wizards have rules) so make sure you book early to guarantee your free event ticket.
Cringe ::)

Ooh that's a real nice logo! It fits perfectly with the concept art too.

Excited to see what happens with this.

That logo does look nice, lets hope the hotel's facilities are of the same quality! :)

Looking at the comments Thorpe mention "packages starting from £39.99pp" - so it looks like prices could be pretty decent per person (in the eyes of a Merlin ran hotel that is)!

Depends on the quality (and whether it's with park tickets) how good value it is...

I think it's just meant to be a redo of the Crash Pad stuff anyways, but I did like the concept art they posted...

It may still be shipping containers but it remains to be seen what they will do to them. With cladding, bigger room designs and an interesting theme it could be a nice hotel!

Considering more places than you think are built using containers these days it could be alright. And £40pp is really not all that bad :)

Well, after having a nose at www.thorpebreaks.co.uk, there is a number of statements I find funny.

www.thorpebreakes.co.uk said:
Important Information
Please be advised that rooms are not large enough to fit cots.
So nice, big rooms then! :/

THORPE SHARK HOTEL REVIEWS
“Fab, clean, perfect location, kids loved it!!! Its great to sleep for one night after a fun filled day!!!”
A review of a hotel that doesn't exist, nice job! This could have been a Crash Pad review though.

THORPE SHARK Hotel
Star Rating: ****
How, can a glorified shipping container, that can even fit a cot, get the same star rating as the posh, well thought out, large, Alton Towers Hotel. And that has a Spa, themed bedrooms, nice garden, it's own restaurants/bars, etc.

On another note, the chill zone idea looks set to become a reality, following this description of the Thorpe Shark Hotel:
Nestled in the heart of the Park, the new THORPE SHARK Hotel is great for families and friends to kick back after a thrilling day in the Park braving some of Europe’s best rides. Settle into an evening in the chill zone with entertainment and a well-deserved nightcap under the stars before you enjoy another action packed day at the nation’s thrill capital!

Overall I feel Thorpe have done a good job of this, but some of the website information is questionable.

A new promotional image for Angry Birds has appeared online (Credit to TPC):

1896754_512427982201644_200790758_n.png

At least they've made the effort with themed cars if it does appear like this. :p

I think the new hotel might be nice, the crash pads looked decent inside, but the outlook looked horrible, with the walkways and walls. If they are properly clad and made half decent, I think its a great location. You are right next to the park, and could have a nice view of the lake (or even the park). Due to it being in Staines you are pretty close to plenty of restaurants and bars. But there is also the option of Bar 360, or this new chill zone they talk about.