• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

thefatone said:
Colossus, the power of 10, shows 9 inversions in its statistics :(.

Other than that, I like it. Even if it reminds me heavily of pleasure beach's new "advert".

A cobra roll inverts you twice.

I'm a bit unsure on this new map, I think overall I like it, I love how it is now so colourful and doesn't make Thorpe look like a waste land like the past few maps. I also quite like how the coasters stand out around the map, but I don't like how the coasters all look the same, and how none of them have any ride cars on them so you can identify them! But I don't like that because of this every other ride in the park is hidden away, the likes of Slammer, Samari and Rush you can barely see. But overall I think I quite like it, just needs a few alterations!

A few things to note from this new map it seems the park railway hasn't returned (like had been rumored), and the Stealth diner will now be Amity fish and chips. With the old fish and chip unit being known as "Peckish". Also why do they still use the very old and outdated KFC logo that hasn't been used in about 6 years? There also seems to be no mention of Swarm Backwards at all!

djtruefitt said:
There also seems to be no mention of Swarm Backwards at all!

Good point, it was plastered all over the pay last year! Could it be... No... would they... have they... put the seats the right way round?? :eek:

That would please me. The backwards seats were always a gimmick, I think they add nothing personally. I tried all of them I think, but still preferred forwards in every seat.

Please please please say they've come to their senses and turned the backwards rows on Swarm forwards again! Hopefully they have realised that the gimmick was rubbish and pointless.

:)

Rob said:
Please please please say they've come to their senses and turned the backwards rows on Swarm forwards again! Hopefully they have realised that the gimmick was rubbish and pointless.

:)
Its still advertised as having backwards seats in the MAP Privilege Packs I'm afraid!

Also has the diner near Stealth always been Fish & Chips or is that a new change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Fish and Chips WAS on the Cinema building, but with the new Stealth shop it's being moved there...

Their branding seems focused on selling Annual Passes this year too... Merlin influence is abound in this (especially given the weird range of directions they are going with)...

Fish and Chips is an extension of Stealth Diner, with enclosed seating.

They also seem to have brought in designated smoking areas this season, does anybody actually think there's any point to them?

Just let people smoke outside, for christ's sake. As long as it's not in a queue or in a covered area, who cares?!

You're gonna get smokers everywhere. High streets, bus shelters, town centres, even Theme Parks.

I don't like people smoking, so I don't stand near them when they are. Simple as that.

If they are anything like the sometimes enforced smoking areas at Alton Towers, I wish them luck at Thorpe Park.

I do however agree with them at theme parks - I think the concept is good and ultimately, they do help towards creating a cleaner and nicer environment.

In a way smoking areas are pointless as they are not adhered to by most, like they should be. Although there are some people that do actually use them and stick to them. A high majority just tend to light up in the queue without a care in the world for other people though which is disgusting as there is no chance for the persons affected to leave as they are queuing too.

People wouldn't like it if I was to spill food or drink on them so why would I want your smoke stench sticking to me & my clothes and also damaging my health for something which is YOUR life choice.

Anyhow the new map is better than the big head maps but it still doesn't have any vibe to it. The rides all look the same and everything else is too small and doesn't get recognition. At least they have done something with the shipping pad this year and hopefully it will actually have some decent aesthetics to it, come opening.

LOL, The very idea of smoking areas at Thorpe. That's like trying to enforce shagging areas in Amsterdam! :p

As long as smoking isn't done in queues, indoor buildings, or eating areas then I don't see an issue with it as long as the person smoking doesn't blow smoke right into a non-smoker's face. I highly doubt that these areas will be adhered as they aren't at any other UK park that I can think of.

With the new map, it's better than the old design (just). However, it's awful as a navigational tool as the paths are tiny and the coasters take up too much space. You can barely see the flat rides!

Andrew said:
I highly doubt that these areas will be adhered as they aren't at any other UK park that I can think of.
They're quite strictly enforced at lego, chessie goes through stages as well.

I think smoking areas and highlighting them is a good way of trying to prevent smoking in areas they don't want (such as queuelines). If you can smoke anywhere bar queuelines then those in queues are like, well doesn't really matter if i could stand a foot away and smoke anyway. But it's down to each individuals perceptions and what rights people think they have etc.

Oh dear:
www.thorpepark.com said:
Here is the 2014 THORPE PARK Resort Map in all it's glory, complete with the NEW THORPE SHARK Hotel and Fright Nights attractions.
Nice update! ;)

I really hate this map, i would rather they kept the old one and just removed the fat heads. It's bland, makes the park look like it has 5 roller coasters and nothing else and isn't that great for navigation.

I'm not a big fan of Thorpes new branding other than for the Shark hotel. It's just dull.