• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

On the whole I am indifferent to this retheme but it will only seek to make the park even more disjointed and incoherent in terms of theming.

What about the teacups? All the buildings around are being themed to Angry Birds yet they will just be left as they are I am sure.

Only Merlin could deliver something so half arsed.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
What about the teacups? All the buildings around are being themed to Angry Birds yet they will just be left as they are I am sure.

Teacups are already sponsored by Tetley Tea so they cant do much with them, agree would have been good if they could have been part of it.

Whilst I don't like what they are adding this year, I do feel it could have been done so much better. No crappy Angry Birds IP and insted, chuck the dogdems where they are and theme them to derby in Amity Speedway. Just reopen the 4D cinema but with an updated film based in the discovery of the Nemesis Volcano.

I just hate how the park is becomeing even less coherent. Amity Cove will be split in half, Calypso Quay will just be Inferno and Rumba Rapids. Storm in a Teacup will look even more out of place! Sometimes, I really struggle to understand Thorpe. I am excited for the dodgems though, purely to see what kind of crazy cattlepen they add this time, they're usually one of the highlights of any Merlin addition! :p

It's cheap.

The IP is cheap.

It makes TP look cheap.

The quality is clearly going to be cheap too.

But it looks better than before.

Thorpe is so small that when I went for the first time (and only time yea far) in 2012, I couldn't tell which area was which because they're all so close together!

Sam said:
I like those painted walls. They look bright and fresh. They look better.
My favourite part is the wall facing detonator. They've half painted over the old Pirate stuff block green then thought "nah that's enough" and goes into Pirate area theming. Looks BRILLIANT.

thefatone said:
Sam said:
I like those painted walls. They look bright and fresh. They look better.
My favourite part is the wall facing detonator. They've half painted over the old Pirate stuff block green then thought "nah that's enough" and goes into Pirate area theming. Looks BRILLIANT.

The Pirate area won't exist anymore, it should all be being covered by Angry Birds theme or removed. The only two attractions that ever were Piratey were the 4D cinema and Detonator.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
They are clearly delusional if they think a few dodgems and a stock 4D film will give them the guest figures they want...

They probably have a good idea what sort of return they can expect on this, i doubt they are expecting their busiest year ever... that said the parks been much busier than last year!

simps100 said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
They are clearly delusional if they think a few dodgems and a stock 4D film will give them the guest figures they want...

They probably have a good idea what sort of return they can expect on this, i doubt they are expecting their busiest year ever... that said the parks been much busier than last year!

and this area of the park has needed re-doing ever since they got rid of Pirates 4D. I don't think they are going to market it as a big new thing, but it is just enough to stop guest numbers declining.

Like the advert. The 'Thrill Capital' marketing has finally been completely dropped.

I can see families being attracted by this... Which can only be a good thing. And also no mention of the Thorpe Shark Hotel :)

That's actually a pretty good advert, just a shame that it has to be ruined by Angry Birds! I do like the "an island like no other" tag line that they are using.

:)

Very very impressed by that advert! They finally seem to have gotten their target market nailed. It shows all the thrills, but still has that family feel to it. I can see this being a really positive step forward for them. It's got a feel of quality around it which their brand has lacked for so long.

Wow, a much better advert.

Is it just me or does the final shot look a tad, RCT3? Colossus especially.