• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Yeah smoke was all off last week when I went. Also there was no audio in Stealth area at all apart from launch audio.

I would love Thorpe to get a ride like Silver Star at Europa Park going around the park near the lake Or just blue fire!

Thorpe is still very hit and miss. They've sorted out the audio almost park wide, but there's still issues such as Stealth which sits in silence. There's loads of lovely refreshed areas and then you ride Swarm backwards and see loads of bins. The signage update needs to hurry up as they haven't gone with it with any logic - Guest services has a new sign whereas first aid doesn't. Almost all games units have new signs and then a couple don't.

Thing which really stands out for me with this new branding is everything feels so samey. It's weird how styled signage for different areas can make a huge difference, and this is what thorpe need to do. Oh, and their green feedback signs around park just look faded and old because of the colour.

The brand is very confused at the moment, the best is when you drive to the car park, you see one sign in the old style, then the next sign mentions the shark hotel so its in the new style, then the next is old again, etc! Just such a mismatch of brands. Another problem is the uniform, they haven't had it very long, but a lot of the red t-shirts staff wear have the graffiti style branding on them, again not fitting in to the current style.

It will be interesting to see what Thorpe gets for 2015, and again how guest figures are for this year.

The whole thing reeks of incompetency - the so called 'hotel', Angry Birds land and this uninspired rebrand.

I wish they would do something ambitious.

Joy. Another "I know something you don't."

Thorpe is about on the same level as Blackpool Pleasure Beach for me now. It needs tidying up and it needs some smaller rides, bring back Wicked Witches Haunt and a water transit ride.

nickhutson said:
Wait. Something big is looming for 2015.

A huge poo?

Like, a Sunday morning newspaper special?

Oh no, they already built that as the entrance to the ....hotel.

Obviously you have contacts Nick, and it would be nice to think they'd be doing something great next year. Woodie maybe, would explain a couple of years of almost non investment hardware wise.

I'd almost rather know nothing than be teased with 'something's coming but I can't even give a hint as to what'

Thorpe needs it though whatever it is.

Well, we know its not going to be a coaster. That's not until 2017...

A re-theme of Saw - The Ride maybe? A big family ride?
Personally, I'd like it to be just an investment to sort the park out. Fixing everything that has been ruined since Merlin took over. Oh and bring back the themed lands please. Canada Creek and Lost City are saveable.

BenBowser said:
Well, we know its not going to be a coaster. That's not until 2017...

Do we? 2017? I know it has been said that the 2015 coaster may well have been pushed back until 2016 but I have not seen 2017 anywhere. I can't see Thorpe having a five year gap between coasters.

They do need something big next year though. These last couple of years have been pretty much non-events. Angry Birds Land doesn't come anything close to substantial for me. One thing Thorpe could really benefit from next year though is a completely new entrance and a refurbishment of the dome. I think Thorpe has one of the worst entrances of any theme park I have visited and that is saying something. They need to completely knock down the area where the ticket booths and turnstyles are and start from scratch. Then I'd completely re-do the interior of the dome to give it a more modern and welcoming feel; more natural light would be a good start.

Then I guess they need a major new family or family thrill attraction sooner rather than later to go with the new positioning of the park.

:)

I believe it was stated in the planning applications for the hotel that there would be no new major coaster investment until 2017.

I don't see them rebuilding the entrance plaza since they put in planning permission for new LED signage across the entrance.

They hope to change it when they get an actual hotel...

Sticking some LED screens up will not improve the entrance at all...

What Thorpe need is a really good dark ride, some kind of haunted house would be good, then add a few more smaller none thrilling rides, maybe replace the log flume with a modern version and sort out that area of the park. I don't think Thorpe needs a new coaster at the moment, there is more of a need for slower rides. I like Thorpe but when it is quite you struggle to find things to do that are relaxing as all their rides are fast thrill rides.

The Dome and entrance plaza look like crap, so 'un-branded'. They need a permanent queue for the ticket booths! I think a big family ride is needed. Maybe the Fungle Safari site? In a re-theme of Ranger Country.

If Thorpe are to have another coaster, an airtime machine would please me. They've got a nice selection of rides but something with some airtime would be good imo! There is definitely a need for a dark ride of sorts, as those who remember Wicked Witches Haunt, that was a good dark ride for the park. The entrance does need updating, definitely. Spruce up the dome as it looks a little out of place but I kinda like the dome as it is unique for Thorpe.