• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

mark9 said:
simps100 said:
Themed music was never lost, pop music as a rule is usually just played at the entrance and the lower dome, as part of Sun Scream they had a DJ who took music requests and did shout outs, this played over all the areas of the park. Its back to normal now.

And on Flying Fish. And Quantum. And Vortex. And Zodiac. And Rush.

Its not meant to play there, the Beach / Flying fish has its own music back, Lost city will hopefully be sorted soon too.

Tbh i wish they could make it not sound hi pitched anymore, i dont mind a park wide DJ as thats able to provide decent interaction but so much of it sounds silly when its playing fast!

^ Everytime I've been to Thorpe this year, the only rides which had pop music playing is Vortex and Quantum.

The rest of the rides had their generic ride music playing.

Lottie. said:
^ Everytime I've been to Thorpe this year, the only rides which had pop music playing is Vortex and Quantum.

Obviously never had Cheryl Cole telling you to fight for her love on the Flying Fish then. ???

mark9 said:
Lottie. said:

Obviously never had Cheryl Cole telling you to fight for her love on the Flying Fish then. ???

Nope. Although I haven't ridden the Flying Fish since my first visit to Thorpe back in March, which to be fair didn't really notice the music then lol.

Dave said:
I hate the pop-music at Thorpe, they had the old entrance music back early this season and i cant believe they have gone back to pop-trash now.

Although I sympathise with this view, if you're outside Thorpe's gates an hour before opening (as I was on Swarm's opening day), a selection of pop music helps the time pass a lot easier than the same five minute loop of bland entrance theme over and over again...

The entrance theme's just over 10 minutes, not five :p.

It's still a short loop though, so you've got a point, but realistically how many people arrive that early?

Creates an atmosphere unique to the park though, not something you could just listen to in your car.

Then again, nobody wants to remember thorpes entrance plaza. It's the worst thing I've seen at a park.

Thorpe Park

The biggest musical tragedy of this season is that - based on reports from my family the other day - project link is still taking all the audio a tiny bit faster (and therefore higher pitched!) Sort that out!

It might create an atmosphere if it was well recorded and well composed. Thorpe's entrance music is just forgettable MIDI crap.

If you don't want to pay for a professional commission like the Europa-Park Suite, at least just use a decent recording of a well-known classical piece like Towers do (ITHOTMK).

Thomas said:
Daft question, what is project link?
Project Link is the audio system at Thorpe, which controls most of the audio across the park from a central location, hence making park-wide changes (like pop music instead of ride music) easy. Though it also seems to easily go wrong, for instance the current playing-faster-than-it-should problem.

Sam said:
It might create an atmosphere if it was well recorded and well composed. Thorpe's entrance music is just forgettable MIDI crap.
Eh, it's really not - it's a nice track. Granted it's hardly EP Suite quality, or anything remotely near, but it's easily on a par with Towers Street.

Sam said:

If you don't want to pay for a professional commission like the Europa-Park Suite, at least just use a decent recording of a well-known classical piece like Towers do (ITHOTMK).

That's even more irritating though because ITHOTMK is only 3 minutes and drives you crazy after listening to it more than about 3 times in a row.

Thorpe Park

I used to love the Thorpe entrance music! But then, I was always fond of the ivy-clad purple entrance building... Fond memories from years gone by of waiting outside there from 8am for a 9:30am opening and that track never getting boring :)

Hell here today. Storm Surge showing 99. Massive queue to buy Fastrack.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thorpe Park

AstroDan said:
Hell here today. Storm Surge showing 99. Massive queue to buy Fastrack.

Yikes! That's horrendous! I take it the park must be close to capacity and not coping well?

Dire. There's just nowhere to escape crowding.

Thorpe Park

Thorpe's size going against it once again then... Sounds like my only experience of Thorpe back in '09 with a 160min queue for Saw :/

Current:

Swarm 75
Rush 60
Colossus 70
Saw 90
Loggers 50
Inferno 70
Det 30
Stealth 60
Depth Charge 40
Fish 20
Storm Surge 99+
Vortex 40

Fastrack queues are quite substantial.

And the longest queue is for.......Storm Surge.

Are people blind? Or do they just enjoy riding turd?

It's beggars belief how people can turn up to a park which contains a coaster with more inversions than any other in the world, an inverter, wingrider, launch coaster and even a SAW ride and yet they spend best part of 2 hrs of their day queueing for a cheap plastic dinghy ride.

:p