• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

As far as I know if you replace motors for compressed air then that's about right! That's why it sort of 'bounces' down, rather than lowering at a steady rate like a motor would.

EDIT - Yeah, like what he said.

Re: Re: Thorpe Park

Replace bounces down with crashes down uncontrollably ;)

I love Sky Swats and want HUSS to buy and perfect the design so Towers would get one.

I need to ride the other Sky Swat in America.

Now I was sure Slammer was the last of its kind in the world, but it turns out Six Flags New England have themselves an S&S Skyswat - relocated from its first home at Six Flags Astroworld.

http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/rides/Catapult.aspx

There's not all that much information about it (I certainly don't trust Wikipedia 100%), though from what I can see via Google searches, its had similar downtime issues to Slammer.

Remove pls. Immediately.:p

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Hey, I've got a stupid question ;)
So I recieved my free tickets from dr pepper (valid for all season!) But they must of been mixed up, As someone elses names on them. Presuming they have the same type of entry gates (where you scan tickets) it should't matter? So is it the same?

Maya said:
Hey, I've got a stupid question ;)
So I recieved my free tickets from dr pepper (valid for all season!) But they must of been mixed up, As someone elses names on them. Presuming they have the same type of entry gates (where you scan tickets) it should't matter? So is it the same?

The tickets should work regardless of the name printed on them, but I would just double check the terms and conditions to ensure that identification is not required upon admission. If so, contact Dr. Pepper and let them know there has been an error. If not, enjoy Thorpe Park! :)

I had the same thing when I won some AT tickets on facebook earlier this year. The name on the ticket was that of the promotion manager who had the tickets printed. If these are the same sort of thing it shouldn't be your name on there.

Try searching the name on the ticket on google, you'll probably find a link to them in Merlin somewhere.

Thorpe Park

Thorpe have just tweeted this:

@THORPEPARK: Are you on Park today? We've got a Park Wide DJ takeover from @djfreddiesmith playing top tracks all day! Tweet him with your shoutouts! :)
So, having lost the themed music a while back to trashy pop, and then regained it at the start of this season, it's gone again, although thankfully temporarily from the sounds of things (so I suppose it's not really too bad).

Anyone on park today? How extensive is the audio, ie does it replace general area soundtracks, queueline soundtracks, or even station soundtracks?

I'm guessing it's part of the Sun Scream event?

The park has a weird mix of music these days atm... Really weird...

I think Thorpe Park need to be careful that they only use pop and dance music for events such as this. I have nothing against fun fairs, but if Thorpe Park continue to blast pop music at full blast in place of immersive themed music, I think it will cheapen the brand's image. Odd 'spice' tracks may work well, but I'd prefer to keep full music!

484570_10152075265665624_837239452_n.jpg

Source

According to members on TPM the box is supposed to have been flipped over, hence the odd rubble on the top.
It's really great to see Merlin add to the ride especially more than once. But would it be too much to ask for a general touch up of other rides and their effects?

You know what, I now genuinely believe that The Swarm is just about the best themed coaster in the UK.

The ride itself might not be as awesome as Nemesis or landscaped as good as say Colossus, but the detail and quantity of thematic pieces is just superb.

What have we got now? A crashed plane, helicopter, fire engine (x2), ambulance, supplies truck, news van and even a police incident trailer. Not to mention a destroyed church, a cluster of shipping containers and now even an uprooted telephone box!

It's a bit of a shame the large burnt tree and lake jetty never materialized, but that's no reason to complain!

I think SW7 will be the better coaster but I can't see it being better themed than The Swarm.

:)

I really hope SW7 gets theming around the area like this!
If not, Merlin have some explaining to do!

It really is a great, well-themed coaster.

For once- Bravo Merlin!

It is well themed, just a shame it doesn't have landscaping to match, which is where Raptor has the upper hand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Islander said:
Thorpe have just tweeted this:

@THORPEPARK: Are you on Park today? We've got a Park Wide DJ takeover from @djfreddiesmith playing top tracks all day! Tweet him with your shoutouts! :)
So, having lost the themed music a while back to trashy pop, and then regained it at the start of this season, it's gone again, although thankfully temporarily from the sounds of things (so I suppose it's not really too bad).

Anyone on park today? How extensive is the audio, ie does it replace general area soundtracks, queueline soundtracks, or even station soundtracks?

Themed music was never lost, pop music as a rule is usually just played at the entrance and the lower dome, as part of Sun Scream they had a DJ who took music requests and did shout outs, this played over all the areas of the park. Its back to normal now.

simps100 said:
Themed music was never lost, pop music as a rule is usually just played at the entrance and the lower dome, as part of Sun Scream they had a DJ who took music requests and did shout outs, this played over all the areas of the park. Its back to normal now.

And on Flying Fish. And Quantum. And Vortex. And Zodiac. And Rush.

I hate the pop-music at Thorpe, they had the old entrance music back early this season and i cant believe they have gone back to pop-trash now.

itz da target market, tho, innit?!!11!

Sad indeed - but, sometimes, their MIDI infested tacky instrumental music makes me sadder!

I really seem to miss the 1950s radio station playing around Tidal Wave. Is it used anymore? It was back in 2011...

nickhutson said:
I really seem to miss the 1950s radio station playing around Tidal Wave. Is it used anymore? It was back in 2011...

I went in May this year and they were playing it around Amity Cove

At least people have visited with some sort of music..

Last time I went project link was not working. Only music I heard across entire park was inferno and swarm instrumental. Not even the swarm tvs were playing.

That was dire. However, maybe not as dire as the pop stuff they play.