• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Thorpe now have Coke Freestyle Machines!

Located in a unit on the outside edge of the Dome (next to Fin's) you can buy a drink from them for £2 - though they can also be used to fill Quenchers (I think).

Hope more Merlin parks get these!

I went to Thorpe last Monday. All rides were running well for the start of the busy season apart from stealth which had problems in the rain (typical really). Seeing as most schools finished last week they seemed to have improved on ride operation, Colossus opened with 2 trains instead of the usual 1! :eek:

How is the new ride coming on? Seems odd that no one seems to be posting anything about it when we are now nearly in August.
You can clearly see footers of some sort going into place while going up Inferno's lift hill. But its not very exciting, still just a muddy piece of land with diggers and other machinery in. And you now have to take the long route round Colossus, instead of cutting by calypso BBQ to get to Inferno. Mildy annoying.

From Inferno the site doesn't actually look all that big. I'm sure it will once the building goes up but the amount of space isn't exactly massive.

Is "WC12" supposed to open next year?

If it is, I can't see how they're going to finish this quite major dark ride in time.

Couldn't find a how busy topic so, what are queues likely to be like next Friday (21st)? I'd expect them to be at least an hour for the major coasters but was hoping for other guesses!

We went Saturday just gone, and it was very quiet. Biggest queue was 10 minutes for Thirteen. Even with Air running one station the queue was still only 5 mins. Nemesis was walk on. Thirteen was 5 minutes.

I think Spinball went up to 25 in the afternoon but we didnt bother going on that.

So, overall, should be quiet!

We went Saturday just gone, and it was very quiet. Biggest queue was 10 minutes for Thirteen. Even with Air running one station the queue was still only 5 mins. Nemesis was walk on. Thirteen was 5 minutes.

I think Spinball went up to 25 in the afternoon but we didnt bother going on that.

So, overall, should be quiet!
I would recommend keeping an eye on http://ridetimes.co.uk today, and that will give you an idea for next Friday, however I can assure you it won't be too busy!

Towers queue times are much use when wanting to know how busy Thorpe may be! ;)