• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Oh bugger, I didnt notice it was Thorpe. Doh! What a retard. Sorry!

In that case, the queues at Thorpe will be CONSIDERABLY longer and more wasp and chav infested than Towers. Have a nice day :)

Just looking on Twitter it seems the final of I'm a celeb has been altered, they have removed the cyclone and slide at the end and you now just walk out of a fire exit in to the shop!

Apparently it's due to "guest feedback".

What, they've removed the entire ending? Does "guest feedback" mean that there was some form of accident and over the top H&S have stopped them from using it? Probably.

:)

Everytime after I've come off Ninferno and seen people come out the slide, they're always crawling through it. Perhaps that's why they got rid of it?

I assume you just leave a door before you even get to the end room. The slide was always a strange ending, as you felt rushed I can see how people could injure themselves, a large more open slide would be better.

People have been moaning as it still features in the video and promotional information about the ride.

Oh dear. The whole attraction is such a complete waste of time that I'd forgotten that it exists and I'd done it once until I read these posts!

ive never seen the point of the ride full stop, its just pandering to the metality of the people who live down south...most will probably not even notice its changed, init! :p

It's not a ride, and the south doesn't come into it. I'm Allegedly A Celebrity, For Goodness' Sake Leave Me Here also appeals to people in the north and Midlands (the Midlands are a thing, and more people from the north and south need to know and acknowledge it). If people want to watch programmes like that that's up to them, but as was said when this was announced it's not a basis for a substantial, long-lasting attraction that would add anything worthwhile to the park. Thorpe obviously came to the depressing conclusion that there's still sufficient interest in the show to build a cheap walkthrough that would hopefully draw guests in for a few years before becoming another Saw Alive; typical of their short term approach to investment in recent years.

Had a conversation with my non-enthusiast friends just after it opened. They were disappointed when I told them what it was like.

Though they still think it's a major attraction

what? There's something called the midlands? (yes, i know you can see my location)

Last edited:
So to conclude, to apparently improve the attraction they have removed the finale / actual aim of the story itself. So why are you meant to be in there in the first place? The whole point was to collect stars to reach the cyclone. Now you collect stars to find the fire exit. *slow claps*

Has anyone visited 'Summer nights' this year? If so, is it the usual quiet, ride whoring mecca?

Annual pass preview certainly was and I see that people of on TPM are saying that they managed quite a few re rides.

I'm going on Friday so will let you know!

I can confirm that Thorpe is a ride whoring Mecca at summer nights! Slightly busier but still only have to wait for a train of guests!

Fantastic, thanks for the insight. I'll go over next week in that case. I actually quite like thorpes coaster offering, just absolutely dispise the place when there's other people there. Operations have tended to be terrible when I have visited and it's so frustrating. Slightly biased (this is an AT fan site, after all) but if Thorpe had any character, any escapism, any class, any places to relax, and decent food offerings, any coherent areas or themes (I could go on) I'd visit much more often.

Fantastic, thanks for the insight. I'll go over next week in that case. I actually quite like thorpes coaster offering, just absolutely dispise the place when there's other people there. Operations have tended to be terrible when I have visited and it's so frustrating. Slightly biased (this is an AT fan site, after all) but if Thorpe had any character, any escapism, any class, any places to relax, and decent food offerings, any coherent areas or themes (I could go on) I'd visit much more often.
Completely agree with this. The one major thing that Thorpe lacks is a relaxing area, or, heaven forbid, a relaxing ride. The one relaxing ride that springs into mind at Towers of being relaxing would be Duel. Thorpe has nothing like this. I know WC16 will be coming next year which is a dark ride, but it's going to be many a year before queues die down with it.

I also agree. Yesterday I arrived at the park at 4pm due to the fact that I can stand the place when there are big crowds there. I ride whored up until about 9 and that was enough for me! I can't send a full day at Thorpe at all these days.

It's funny reading the post from Tom above as I was having that exact same discussion walking around Thorpe yesterday. There is no where that you can just go sit and relax for a while. Something that Alton and even Chessington both have in their hotels. Quite often by the time it gets to early afternoon I like visiting the hotels and having a quiet pint in a bit of peace and quiet.

Topped with the fact that Thorpe is essentially a concrete jungle doesn't make for a pleasant all day experience. Especially in the heat!

As my most local park I do kind of understand where people are coming from about Thorpe, especially as I have travelled northwards and done 3 days at Towers this week. The mix of rides and relaxation (even if it's just taking a walk across the valley and risking a heart attack on the incline) is pretty special at Towers, something that becomes especially apparent after constant trips to Thorpe.

However, having said that, I feel the need to defend Thorpe slightly regarding the food and quiet areas (or at least maybe enlighten those who don't visit regularly). There is a small garden behind Stealth that hardly anyone knows about, just to the left of the Stealth entrance. I had a picnic there the other day with my family and literally did not see one other person in there, with numerous benches available to sit on.

With food, I have yet to try it, but I hear the bar in the dome actually does some great food. As I say, this is what I hear rather than personal experience. Personally I always rate the fish and chip place by Stealth. Good portions and well cooked.

Anyway, as I said, I can see why negativity comes Thorpe's way when it's up against Towers which is frankly bloody brilliant, but I do still have a protective soft spot for Thorpe.