• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

How come queues at Thorpe park seem to be consistently longer than at Towers? Is it because of ride efficiency, or general number of people in the park etc? E.g. Today it's school holidays countrywide (I think!) and Thorpe has queues over an hour for all coasters (100mins for inferno!), yet Towers coaster queues are all under an hour (with virtually all under 30mins!)

I think the main difference is park size, guests at Thorpe are in a much smaller area and therefore are close to pretty much all the rides, where as Towers has a lot of people but spread out over a large distance

I think the main difference is park size, guests at Thorpe are in a much smaller area and therefore are close to pretty much all the rides, where as Towers has a lot of people but spread out over a large distance
Good point! More guests at Towers spend are spending time getting to and from rides so spend less time in actual queues.

It's in part down to that^ but also Thorpe isn't suffering from Smiler syndrome.

It is however, suffering from a dead Stealth and low capacity on other headline attractions.
I was at Thorpe on 24th/25h March and the Saturday was a nightmare! Stealth managed to open mid afternoon (I queued 60mins in the fastrack queue!) but a poor showing of rides throughout the day meant every queue was huge. Colossus on one train didn't help either.

Ride operations at Thorpe are generally much less efficient than at Towers. Nemesis will usually be dispatched before the other train gets back to the station, but that seems very rare on Inferno. Thorpe also seems to sell more fasttrack, which makes the queues much slower.

I'll never forget the time we saw Inferno staff attempt to dispatch a train with a restraint still open, and it took them a good minute to work out the problem, ignoring repeated shouts from the whole queue...

I'll never forget the time we saw Inferno staff attempt to dispatch a train with a restraint still open, and it took them a good minute to work out the problem, ignoring repeated shouts from the whole queue...
Surely the cabin op could see the restraint panel indication that one was open?

By the time TP gets though the stupid mistakes someone would of spotted the unusual one.

I've had plenty of trips to Thorpe and there are always issues. You are more likely to win the lottery than for all rides to open at 10am, the screens even tell you which rides to head to first which will actually be open.

If you do find an open ride you can almost place a bet that it will be on one train, once the queue hits 45-60 mins they may decide to add the second train, but be warned if it gets quiet again they will take that second one off!

Ride availability is also a massive issue, you can often have two coasters and a variety of flat rides down for most of the day. Also I don't think Slammer is yet to open this season. I don't know if it's the lack of techies or the ones they have aren't great, who knows!

As for the ghost train, they don't even bother putting the "open at.. closed at.." signs out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've visited Thorpe three times now, and every time a variety of rides have been closed / down for technical problems or unavailable for whatever reason. All Parks have technical problems, its understandable, but usually you'd see one or two attractions temporarily closed at different intervals throughout the day. At Thorpe it always seems to be 4-6 for the majority if not the whole day.

It seems the public are well aware of this too.

Regarding Slammer last time I was at Thorpe there was a birds nest on one of the pilons, so until that nest is vacated by the sitting tenants Slammer won't open, and when they do migrate Thorpe will have to do something to stop them nesting there again otherwise the same thing will happen next year, just my 2p's worth, could be wrong.

Depends who the sitting tenant is lol, pigeon, house starling yup but they won't touch anything else.

Our landlord sent one out to get rid of something nesting in our roof this time last year, the guy took one look at the nest and said "nope, see you in November", sure enough he was back in November to remove the nest and plug up the hole, but he wouldn't dare touch it originally, something about them having to catalogue and report every nest destroyed to the Environment Agency and he was unsure what was nesting in it at the time, i tried to tell him it was just very vocal starlings but he wouldn't even climb up, said his livelyhood wasn't worth the risk.

So inconvenient of some bird to nest in the only ride of its kind though, i mean Storm Turd is just along the path, they should have gone there lol.

Yup, very clear rules on birds nests in the breeding season.
As a paid gardener, I don't do hedges between march and august, much to some customers annoyance!