• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I give it another year and Thorpe will be gone.
We all know how Camelot ended ;)

I give it another year and Thorpe will be gone.
We all know how Camelot ended ;)

the location is saving Thorpe. If it wasn't the outskirts of London it would not have half the rides it does now.

Its annoying because hiede park and gardaland are ran so much better than all the UK merlin parks, the parks dont hold back majorly in investment and budgeting, they both look great and they have the good rides. Although collossus at hiede is having a little bit of UK merlin treatment...

Camelot closed because the owners deliberately failed to invest in new attractions and ran it into the ground because the land was worth loads more as housing, but the powers that be repeatedly refused planning permission.
The owners did not have anything like the financial clout of Merlin.

So here's a surprise, all 3 new additions to Thorpe will be opening later in the year... that's the kids drop tower, Rockin Tug, and DBGT:RotD - which incidentally is branded like the entire ride is brand new, the marketing looks no different to last year.

From what I hear the drop tower thing won't be opening any time soon as it isn't on the park map.

Also Thorpe Park Central have posted some photos of the entrance having some work done to them, currently looking very wooden.

In other news Costa is coming to the dome and there seems to be a new donut shop.

Surely not replacing the Bar & Grill? Where will hotel guests eat?

Can't think where else it would be located...

Next to the bar & grill there is a coffee shop. It used to be Cafe Nero but is now Merlin-branded Coffee Shack. I think lookiing at what was done at the AT Hotel it won't be Costa branded, but Merlin-run serving Costa drinks.

Next to the bar & grill there is a coffee shop. It used to be Cafe Nero but is now Merlin-branded Coffee Shack. I think lookiing at what was done at the AT Hotel it won't be Costa branded, but Merlin-run serving Costa drinks.

Cheers for clarifying. Can't say I've ever noticed it. Costa branding I'd probably consider to be a good thing in that case, should at least ensure a decent standard of coffee (albeit overpriced).

Cheers for clarifying. Can't say I've ever noticed it. Costa branding I'd probably consider to be a good thing in that case, should at least ensure a decent standard of coffee (albeit overpriced).

Not if it's the same machines that they are using in ATH. The quality of coffee from them is not a patch on that from the automated Starbucks machines.

:)

Thorpe have released their 2017 map:

C68wqSVXEAAw-cx.jpg

The focus is still very much on DBGT. It does still state that the Loggers Leap area in under development (like it did last year), will we see something here in 2018?

Seems to be even more emphasis on areas now as well with their pathways marked in different colours and area logos.

:)

Well, it's far from the worst map I've ever seen. The coaster track almost bears a passing resemblance to the rides in question! Shame the map itself fills only half the leaflet.

Thorpe are carrying on with useless maps then. Rush barely exists, Vortex has become a Move It 32 for some reason and there's absolutely no evidence you can get from Slammer to Inferno without going via Amity. Presumably they just don't bother designing it to be useful as the park is naturally easy to navigate.

Meanwhile "Timber Tug Boat" is almost invisible, it's almost as if they're ashamed of it.

But the shop has been refurbished!

I quite like the style of these Thorpe maps, they do look nice. But they make all the flat rides look rubbish, or none existent, such as Slammer or Rush.

The island shop is new?

Not a big fan of these OTT maps, prefer plain and simple. Definitely more about showing what's on offer than navigating around.

The not running lineup has been announced ahead of this Sunday's Annual Pass Preview Day:

We have been working hard throughout the winter to ensure THORPE PARK Resort’s rides and attractions* are ready for the new park season and the Resort has never looked better. We can currently confirm that Stealth, Slammer and Derren Brown’s Ghost Train will not open on the day. However cars will be going round for staff training purposes. Some of our new attractions (such as Timber Tug boat) are still under development so they will also not be available on the day - please excuse our building work!

*All rides and attractions are subject to availability

Kind of expected with DBGTROTD and of course, Slammer is dead! Little bit disappointing with Stealth but part of me expected it.

However... I'm a celeb will be open accounting for 75% of it's operation this season! Right?