• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

A B&M hyper would be amazing, but would there be enough space to fit in a good layout at Thorpe? Also doesn't the MTDP state they aren't going to build a ride longer than 850m?
That was the old MTDP, we can't be sure until they release their long overdue MTDP for 2017-2023.

I was under the impression that they were allowed to build one more coaster at 160ft or 180ft but Stealth is the only coaster they're allowed at the 200ft+ mark or did I misread that in the last 10 year plan? :confused:

I was under the impression that they were allowed to build one more coaster at 160ft or 180ft but Stealth is the only coaster they're allowed at the 200ft+ mark or did I misread that in the last 10 year plan? :confused:
The council did mention that the island behind The Swarm and the land where the Thorpe Shark is could only have rides up to 30m (100ft), I believe, in order to maintain a satisfactory view in the surrounding areas. Whether that will change with some negotiating we will have to wait and see.

The longest queue in the park today is for client services, there was a power cut at 14.30 that hasn't been resolved yet.

Said queue.
Pic nicked from the FB group
w3XQxXU_d.jpg

That's the image the Mrs showed me, its also the reason I like having a MAP, no need to sit in a queue like that, I can just go back another day.

Obviously I understand that a power cut is something Thorpe can't help (unless it results from something in their electrical systems having keeled over), but in my 7 or so years of going to Thorpe with a MAP there were too commonly issues that resulted in a guest services queue like that for it to be acceptable to guests, I felt, whether MAP holders or not. I live a minimum of 3 hours away from the park, so just going back another day wasn't really a practical option, but even if you live nearby I wouldn't have thought it's a convenient place to get to and enter. If you make the effort to go you want to be confident that you'll have a good day, and that's anything but guaranteed. I've now downgraded to a Towers only pass, having decided I've no interest in returning to Thorpe unless they get their act together or an interesting new attraction; preferably both.

Yeah I know what you mean, they gave MAP holders one free fast track, I can't be bothered to stand there for 90 minutes for that, but that's just me, if it were Alton then yeah I would, since that's a seven hour round trip for us, but we're close enough to Thorpe and Chessie that we could literally pop in every day.

Well... Walking Dead confirmed (Even though everyone knew that)

Thorpe just released this photo:

20786133_10155423195135867_1375174287796841985_o.jpg

Check the badge that says "City of Atlanta Police", Walking Dead is set in Atlanta and the COAP Badge looks like:

latest

Walking Dead hasn't been set in Atlanta since season 2, it's mainly set in Alexandria, Virginia now, someone at Thorpe is triolling. I'm not saying there won't be zombies stumbling around the park, but they won't be TWD ones other than an implied connection.

Walking Dead hasn't been set in Atlanta since season 2, it's mainly set in Alexandria, Virginia now, someone at Thorpe is triolling. I'm not saying there won't be zombies stumbling around the park, but they won't be TWD ones other than an implied connection.

Matter of the fact is that it was, I know there is going to be a very loose connection to the Walking Dead if it is true. Like you said, Zombies walking round the park and a maze of some variety based around the universe. Unless Atlanta is very recognised at where the walking dead is set, I've not watched a single episode yet somehow know where it was set...

Thorpe's location would be perfect for a boundary coaster, a B&M sit-down which circles around the Island would be good, no fads, just a good old fashioned airtime machine.

Well... There we have it!

LONDON, 5 September 2017: Thorpe Park Resort has today unveiled a gory billboard featuring zombies feasting on blood and entrails, to promote two new exclusive The Walking Dead mazes. It marks the launch of the theme park’s annual 'Fright Nights' season starting on 29th September, which will be biggest in its history, running for more days than ever before.

The living billboard, which soaked unaware passing commuters in blood and guts this morning in London, was created using over 50 kilogrammes of offal (animal organs and entrails) and blood.

Thorpe Park in Surrey has secured an exclusive deal with the U.S. television network AMC to launch two new live-action attractions based on the globally renowned TV series The Walking Dead. The mazes coincide with the premiere of The Walking Dead Season 8 on 23rd October at 9pm on FOX and the landmark 100th episode.

The indoor maze called The Walking Dead: Living Nightmare will see visitors experience terrifying iconic scenes of the global phenomenon, including the world’s first live attraction featuring of season 7. They will join other survivors on the brink of death at the mercy of the notorious Negan.

In The Walking Dead: Sanctum, guests will experience a live-action outdoor maze like no other. Following in the footsteps of survivors, they have to navigate their way past the roaming walkers or risk being captured.