• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Exclusive for the UK :p

I take back what I previously said, well done Thorpe, shame I won't get to experience either.

How long before the complaints start coming in about this "billboard" freaking out kiddies? I mean, if people complained about the "video poster" for the Bloody Mary scene in the Dungeons.....

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the walking dead maze and it brings me hope that this year will be of a higher standard then the last 2. As this is a agreement to use the walking dead name I'm guessing it will have to be of a certain quality. Kinda like legoland has to be. Merlin may be in charge of putting this one together but they will have very strict guidelines to follow to protect the "walking dead" brand name

People probably thought the same when they added Saw, or Angry Birds, or I'm a Celeb, or Derren Brown, or the Lionsgate mazes...

Both Rush and Rumba Rapids (+ I'm a Celeb, but that was announced ages ago) are now closed until 2018. Rush has been down for ages and is in bits, no idea what the reason for the Rapids closure is but there's a theory on TPM that they might have run out of money to staff it due to the extra staff it's been running with since Drayton's accident. That or it just needs work and they want it open for the start of next season.

With Slammer finally biting the dust earlier this year, they'll be going into Fright Nights 3 major rides down on last year, and Colossus has been running 1 train for the majority of the year to further compound their capacity woes. Think I'll give the event a miss this year.

Hi guys, didn't want to file this under a trip report as it wasn't much of a 'trip'.

Went yesterday and it is fair to say that the park's operations are absolutely abysmal. I've been visiting since 2000, and probably been 5+ times a year, and have never seen it so bad.

So yesterday the park was open 10am until 4pm, an hour less than usual but I got over it as it is the quiet period.

So all the coasters had a queue of at least 30 minutes as they were on painful 1 train operations. It literally is the most infuriating thing to watch a roller coaster that has a throughput of over 1000 PPH reduced to what seemed to be around 200, it was literally shocking. I literally heard one member of staff joke how they aren't going to win the throughput challenge!

Next us was closures...
Rush which is closed for the rest of the season.
Rumba Rapids which is closed for the rest of the season.
I'm a Celeb which is closed for the rest of the season.
Zodiac
Vortex
Samurai
DBGT opened at 1:30pm.

These were closed all day, and then came the breakdowns! One after another, for one reason or another, a ride would break down. Although the park was quiet, we actually got on fewer rides than a busier Sunday!

All in all, I thought if they can't cope now, how on earth are they going to be able to cope with Fright Nights!

Rant over, but it seriously must be the worst I have ever seen it.

On another note, the park was looking clean and tidy and X had a little spruce up which was nice. The building of the new mazes was gathering pace also, and the outdoors one (Sanctum) looked awesome set on the island to the left of Swarm!