• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Oooh! That's good! Wonder whether that decision was made in the same board meeting where they made the decision about Colossos?
What decision about Colossus? Please say it's getting trains that tall people can actually fit into!

Probably no worse than when it was full of fast moving dirty water 8 hours a day with logs bashing every corner.
What about the plant and mechanics though which would surely have begun seizing up with years of no use? Or at least need a sizeable engineering refurbishment, as well as any alterations needed to overcome the reasons it shut in the first place probably

SouthParks have now shared a video on Facebook that was apparently filmed at Thorpe that has something to do with this. The video depicts some "strange goings on" inside the park and features some code in the middle. The interesting part is that someone in the Facebook comments section has translated the code, and it apparently translates to "SAFE ZONE 05/03/2018 09:00" which hints towards an announcement on the 5th March at 9am. Now I don't know about any of you, but I think that the 5th March seems late for an announcement. Also, I think that this is almost definitely to do with X's retheme, as I don't believe Thorpe has anything else planned for 2018.

SouthParks have now shared a video on Facebook that was apparently filmed at Thorpe that has something to do with this. The video depicts some "strange goings on" inside the park and features some code in the middle. The interesting part is that someone in the Facebook comments section has translated the code, and it apparently translates to "SAFE ZONE 05/03/2018 09:00" which hints towards an announcement on the 5th March at 9am. Now I don't know about any of you, but I think that the 5th March seems late for an announcement. Also, I think that this is almost definitely to do with X's retheme, as I don't believe Thorpe has anything else planned for 2018.

We have a walker! Whoop, that’s one more than at Fright Nights.
It’s not late at all, there’s no point of constant teasers when we already know it’s the year of The Walking Dead.

It's a re-theme of a small 22 year old coaster, I don't see anything to get excited about.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less about this. But even pictures of me naked plastered over the interior walls of the warehouse would improve the awfulness that is X, it's really that crap.

Thorpe announced their budget cuts today, 12pm openings on 'actor led experiences' includng I'm a Celeb, DBGT, Angry Birds 4D and the return of SAW:Alive...

Well those are no major losses, did they say anything about the proposed 10pm closures in the Summer being scrapped?

Thorpe announced their budget cuts today, 12pm openings on 'actor led experiences' includng I'm a Celeb, DBGT, Angry Birds 4D and the return of SAW:Alive...
Return of Saw Alive? Now that’s a surprise! I thought Merlin wanted to CUT costs? But 12pm opening on DBGT? Really shows how unsuccessful the ride has been in the 2 years it’s been open...

Thorpe have hinted at Loggers Leap returning, Although not this season.

They’ve said that for the last 2 years, but I’m optimistic that this proves that Thorpe is actually trying to get somewhere with it.

That says redevelopment, not refurbishment, but then they've been saying that for what, nearly 3 years?

DBGT officially opening at 12 is no great loss since the thing barely opened before then on every other day so far.