• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

What do we know about project 2020? Is it worth it’s ken thread yet

Other than one image from last year nothing, Thorpe probably don't even know what they'd be doing at that point. Probably leave creating a specific thread until something is officially confirmed.

Is it worth it’s ken thread yet

Take your pick, which one would you like for this new thread?:

baee0dee2a2135b8aa8df71a6d0cadcb.jpg
37f0e28fd19de8d111d32f9c52307a83.jpg
74438d8774ce9eb1c562b2fb9e621035.jpg

01d6ee43941fd46ba5e8d13285600d98.jpg
804c6cf7e2664aef36f7b964fde2dc70.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see Merlin are ensuring Thorpe Park will be a dark and miserable place to visit in 2018!

Is Walking Dead a game or TV series? I genuinely have no idea!

:)

^^ TV show, season one was fantastic because it was produced like a movie, remainder not so much.

1) the walkers don't growl at the top of their voices, in fact they're dangerous in TWD universe because they're mostly quiet, they tend to creep up on people.

2) walkers don't run (or climb stairs) someone might want to remind them of that.

3) the show is on the verge of being cancelled, three huge lawsuits against AMC (which will cost them millions and millions 2 contract related and one wrongful death lawsuit), none of the three main cast members (Andrew Lincoln, Normal Redus and Lauren Cohan) have renewed their contracts, there's now a dispute between Cohan and AMC over pay, and most of the audience are so pissed off at the way they've treated one cast member recently that it'll be a miracle for it to get viewers in the back half of season 8, let alone to season 10 (season 9 confirmed, but no actors yet). oh and in the last year, it's viewership figures stateside has dropped 80%.

Way to go Thorpe, good choice, just a shame it's five years too late.

Last edited:
I thought it started out as a graphic novel / comic? (I don't watch it either).

I thought it started out as a graphic novel / comic? (I don't watch it either).

It did yes but after being shopped about half a dozen networks who all said no (including HBO bet they regret that now), AMC eventually bought the rights.

Fun fact, Thomas Jane was originally cast in the role of Rick Grimes, Andrew Lincoln was never even considered, but because Jane had a scheduling conflict, he couldn't film the pilot, and the then EP decided to take a punt on a comedy actor from England instead of a "name".

Given how the series has been sliding down in quality (and seems to have been cursed, the first two seasons suffering through the writers strike), I doubt HBO with their Game of Thrones cash cow are that concerned about missing out...

Thorpe park announces the year of the walking dead
]

Thorpe Park are doing a season dedicated to the year 2012?

Obviously the Fright Nights tie-in worked for them, and as has been established, this is a cheaper, more high-impact investment than, er, an actual investment. But aside from the already announced late-night openings, nothing really appeals to me. It's a grim show to dedicate a year to, and obviously lessens some of the impact of Fright Nights, too.

As @IanSR has correctly observed, there is lots about this that is wrong, or as they say, non-canon. The license still won't have been cheap, but the fact that the franchise is allowing our zombie pals to growl, walk up lift-hills and generally arse about in ways completely removed from the mythology of the series suggests everyone involved knows it's past it. They were much pickier with content when Universal monopolised on the franchise as it's peak.

Last edited:
Given how the series has been sliding down in quality (and seems to have been cursed, the first two seasons suffering through the writers strike), I doubt HBO with their Game of Thrones cash cow are that concerned about missing out...

Oh they regret it alright, and it's even more ironic because they passed on it due to it being 'too violent' long before GoT was even on their radar, HBO are also quiet well known to be scrabbling about panicking about a replacement for GoT, hence why Westworld got an accelerated schedule for it's second season.