• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

This reminds me...

When I was at university, I lived with a girl who typed in every web address in full. In Google. A decade of technological development forward, and I bet she's still at it.

To be fair, I do this to avoid the slightly-misspelt-address scam sites! :p

This reminds me...

When I was at university, I lived with a girl who typed in every web address in full. In Google. A decade of technological development forward, and I bet she's still at it.

At my benefits appointment the lady who worked there searched for Google ... on Yahoo search!

Anyway back on topic. How has Colossus been this season? Rough as always?

PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At my benefits appointment the lady who worked there searched for Google ... on Yahoo search!

Anyway back on topic. How has Colossus been this season? Rough as always?

PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually, I went on it twice to weeks ago and was sitting at the back. It was running two trains and it wasn’t rough at all. The trains had new wheels though. But still, they were the best rides i had on it in my life.

Reactions: pj
Since my first few rides on Colossus I have always since ridden the front row only. Big queue in the front row? Don't bother riding. For me its just to uncomfortable to experience anywhere else. Also doesn't help with the rows of the train being so tight and the crap squared off restraints.

Second row is just as good comfort wise, did back row on one of the summer nights events, never again immediately went back to the front of the train.

I remember when me and the missus got the whole train to ourselves on a fright night, night - just us sat in the front! Don't think we will ever get that again.

Colossus was practically walk on on two trains (and running smooth yes, sounded different too, must be those new wheels) this evening whereas everything else was on single train operation with at least a 45 minute queue, throw in numerous breakdowns and you get the picture.

Colossus was almost virtually silent on the lift hill too, dunno what they've done but it's a major improvement over my last experience, I even considered back row, but was outvoted and had to go to Nemesis Inferior which promptly broke down just as we were at the front row air gates.

But it's a sad state of affairs when you have a team dedicated to giving out fast tracks when a ride breaks down, it's as if the park management know their product isn't up to scratch, also hilarious (for me) was the whole evening was a make up evening and combination evening 'to celebrate the opening of Walking Dead, when the ride spend the whole evening, err, dead.

Reactions: pj
Based on my two trips @JB1985, I wouldn't say worse, but dam close.
If you said Towers was an utter shambles, then Thorpe would just be a mess by comparison, but I haven't been on a busy day yet.

@Katy has iirc, so she is probably right.

Based on my two trips @JB1985, I wouldn't say worse, but dam close.
If you said Towers was an utter shambles, then Thorpe would just be a mess by comparison, but I haven't been on a busy day yet.

@Katy has iirc, so she is probably right.

Thanks both - I’m off to AT tomorrow but Thorpe is a long way to go not sure it’s worth the effort anymore

Yeah, I've no plans to go back until their summer nights, hopefully they'll have sorted their reliability issues and they'll be less people about late at night.

What’s thorpe been like this year? As bad as AT?

I've been twice this year, one of them was the AP night last Saturday. It's fair to say that ride reliability is an issue but more annoying is the single train operation of Swarm and Inferno at times busy enough for two trains. It feels like it's just being done so more people buy fastrack.

We probably don't even need to talk about Walking Dead - The Ride. Everyone knows that it's meant to be the 'brand new' headline attraction and it managed 10 minutes on AP day before it was closed... don't think it's opened since.

I've been twice this year, one of them was the AP night last Saturday. It's fair to say that ride reliability is an issue but more annoying is the single train operation of Swarm and Inferno at times busy enough for two trains. It feels like it's just being done so more people buy fastrack.

We probably don't even need to talk about Walking Dead - The Ride. Everyone knows that it's meant to be the 'brand new' headline attraction and it managed 10 minutes on AP day before it was closed... don't think it's opened since.

Thanks
They are really not having much luck with new attractions. This should be straight forward giving that it’s essentially a retheme

I couldn't believe Swarm and Nemesis on one train and Colossus on two on Saturday, I thought I'd gone to an alternative dimension where Colossus was a reliable comfortable ride.

I couldn't believe Swarm and Nemesis on one train and Colossus on two on Saturday, I thought I'd gone to an alternative dimension where Colossus was a reliable comfortable ride.

Colossus does seem smoother this year and it was good to see it on a two train operation. The previous week was running just one train, but that was a non-school holiday week day.

More reliable? Who knows? On Saturday eve, we were near the front of the queue when they announced the ride had stopped and needed an engineer. That happened on Stealth too.

On a random note, has anyone seen any hints from Thorpe regarding Project 2020? I still think it will be some sort of large hyper coaster, hopefully B&M. To quote the Wicker Man pre-show (or an edited version of it, at least):
THE TIME HAS COME FOR B&M TO RISE!
TOGETHER, WE SHALL FEED THE 2020 THORPE HYPER!
..... Let the construction commence.