• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

@John you are spot on. X post re-theme was a really enjoyable little ride. I actually enjoyed it more before the IMAScore soundtrack but expectations were generally measured, so you came off quite happy. Now those expectations are much higher but the ride is arguably no better and probably less fun that it was in its disco days.

So we’ll now end up queuing longer, with higher expectations and come off disappointed. Not the best way to spend capex, but what do I know.

Has he ridden it, then? Did he go to the press event?

As much as I think this looks fantastic, I don't think it looks overly scary as such. I do also question Merlin's marketing team's way of thinking when a decent size GCI (Wicker Man) is marketed as though it is a mild family adventure, whereas a retheme what is essentially a Vekoma family coaster in a building is made to look like the most terrifying thing ever designed. There must be a logical reason why, however, because Merlin know what they are doing and know how to make their parks' additions the best they can possibly be, however big or small they are. I must, however, reiterate that it looks stunning, and I applaud Thorpe for their efforts.

On Twitter he said he went the day after the launch night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Walking Dead : The Ride is the most exciting, scary and fun ride in the world. It's a 16/10 for the scare factor.

April fools

Whilst I get annoyed by hyperbole, a retheme of a family ride was never going to be mega scares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saw has such a tight operating window wind wise that someone farting in the queue line can trigger a shutdown, and Merlin hate Swarm so shut it down for that reason alone, but I think as Roy says, this is the start of the planned rollout of ride availability reductions after its successful launch at Alton last weekend.

Ha ha! Your posts are always a joy to read. Almost poetic like

Hang on, X needs to have 2 riders on each row to operate? Why on earth is that!?

:)
I think it might be a weighting issue or something. I did also read somewhere that it was something to do with the lap bars.

Rode the ride last week. Overall I think it was a fun attraction, much better than X, in my opinion. Some good special effects, queue line with a lot of easter eggs throughout (Nice license plate!) and a decent story on the ride as well as bringing back features lacking from X V2.

I think it is a solid addition but Thorpe in recent years hasn't thought about longevity, just create a new ride to bring in new punters for as little money as possible. I think the creative team have done a fantastic job for (presumably) the small amount they were provided. It really frustrates me when Thorpe is trying to push out the 15/10 Scare rating yet again when in reality, an actor vacant attraction will never achieve massive scares.

To be fair I commend the risk of not shoving a load of actors in there, as clearly they know they would be stripped out and they would have to make further changes (like DBGTROTD V2)

What the attraction does provide however is a well themed, enjoyable attraction. I'm not sure why there is so much criticism.

Hang on, X needs to have 2 riders on each row to operate? Why on earth is that!?

:)

New health and safety guidelines from the manufacturer, you can get out the car as it's going round if you sit alone, it was introduced part way through last year iirc.