• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Was surprised to see the parking at Thorpe is now £8 and if you don’t have a ticket when you get to the barrier they will stick another £2 on the bill.

14e12js.jpg

It was £7 at the start of this season so it's a mid-season price rise.

Not unexpected really, if they're giving out season passes at £25 they need to make some money back each visit. Annoying for everyone who paid full price though (paid £53 for mine, just before they dropped down to £49)

Shame there's no alternative really, even if you get a taxi in from nearby you've still got to pay £5-£6 to park anywhere nearby for long enough, then add on the tax and you're at £10 already. Will have to see if there's anywhere with reasonable parking a short walk away for next visit.

Another 10pm close and maximum of 5min for queues (walking dead 10min) surely that’s gotta ring alarm bells for Thorpe management.

Every attempt at 10pm closes over the years always ends up like this, why is it guests don’t stay longer into the evening?

Also not great to see all those other rides shut unless the place really is dead with only a handful onsite

jgqwyr.png

Another 10pm close and maximum of 5min for queues (walking dead 10min) surely that’s gotta ring alarm bells for Thorpe management.

Every attempt at 10pm closes over the years always ends up like this, why is it guests don’t stay longer into the evening?

Also not great to see all those other rides shut unless the place really is dead with only a handful onsite

jgqwyr.png
:( I was going tomorrow for some late night rides but seeing this. All them closed I’m having second thoughts :(

Regarding parking. Mount Olympus (a dump) charge $20. Six Flags Great America $26. £8 isn’t great but we get it lucky in the UK with theme park car parking charges.

:)
I remember the parking charges being very high in Florida as well. Seems worse in the States with their huge plots of land and relaxed planning laws!

My family visited a National Trust property today and they charge £8 for parking so I guess it's not only theme parks either. (we actually avoided the charge as we did the parkrun first so arrived before the ticket gate was manned)

The parking charges at Florida parks are expensive but a least they have a proper infrastructure.

Thorpe’s car park is dire. A gravel pit with ‘roads’ not really wide enough for cars to easily get past the parked cars and often long queues to exit via the small number of barriers. It’s typical Merlin charging premium prices and putting in the least effort possible in what they provide.