• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Step aside Angry Birds, I’m A Celeb, Walking Dead and Love Island. Thorpe Park’s latest cheap and desperate attempt at being relevant is here...

EDIT: reading the replies on their twitter it’s full of people thinking it’s a hyper coaster announcement, quickly followed by them being very disappointed when they figure it’s a computer game. Brilliant. Well done Thorpe.

Someone on here a few months ago joked about a Fortnite attraction at Thorpe :eek:

Someone on here a few months ago joked about a Fortnite attraction at Thorpe :eek:

And I wasn't joking. ;)

About time they finally announced the end of Loggers. The amount of MAP holders hounding them about it on social media has been getting increasingly tedious by the day. Let's see how long it's left to rot however until they actually decide to replace it with something that lasts longer than 2 seasons.

Strange they didn’t tease anything about the replacement, Loggers area was closed for “redevelopment” and 3 years on still nothing :rolleyes:

But it’s good they’ve finally admitted it’s not opening again.

Yet another example, as if anymore were needed, of the contempt Merlin show towards their customers.

I don’t particularly have an issue with Loggers closing per se. Things change, theme parks aren’t museums etc etc. However it was pretty clear from day 1 that this ride was never going to re-open, yet Merlin continued to lie to their paying customers and stated that it would ‘make a splash back soon’.

The late Tussauds era wasn’t great, but take Black Hole’s closure as a comparison, it was decided to close that ride instead of investing in further H&S requirements, Alton Towers announced it, explained it and even ran an event for fans to ride one last time with a talk from engineering and so on.

In contrast Loggers was closed and sat rotting for three years whilst the park continued to tell customers it was under development and would return soon, which of course was absolute bull poop.

Good bye Loggers. Whilst I always preferred the AT flume overall you were great fun for the whole family and I believe that every great theme park needs one.

What I really want - Massive next gen flume ride with eight minute plus ride time.

What I'd also be happy with - B and M, RMC, GCI

What I don't want - Water coaster

What we'll get in descending order of likely good.

Overpriced trend chasing gimmick borefest (think DBGT mark 2)

Short coaster from premium manufacturer - they can be fantastic if done well (Nemmie)

Long coaster from mid range manufacturer - I love The Smiler.

Long coaster from cheap manufacturer - typically not a good investment

I'm guessing a big long coaster from a premium manufacturer is out of the question?

This removal does make me feel somewhat sad, as I always liked Loggers and found it to be a fun, underrated water ride. However, parks need to develop, and if Loggers' replacement is an RMC or B&M hyper, I'm not complaining!

This removal does make me feel somewhat sad, as I always liked Loggers and found it to be a fun, underrated water ride. However, parks need to develop, and if Loggers' replacement is an RMC or B&M hyper, I'm not complaining!

The thing is, if the replacement is coming 2020 or 2021 if would have been announced with the news of the removal today wouldn’t it?

giphy.gif

We've known for ages now that it was never coming back. And despite this announcement it will still be sat there for at least another couple of years.

The thing is, if the replacement is coming 2020 or 2021 if would have been announced with the news of the removal today wouldn’t it?
Admittedly 2020 is now looking slightly more doubtful, but 2021 is still definitely a possibility!

Besides, there are plenty of coaster projects we haven't known about until the middle of the season before their debut, so 2020 is still possible!

“Thorpe Park closes ride which was already closed, we all knew was never going to reopen and has been totally derelict for years”. Is this even news?

I’m at least looking forward to the cheaply-built, actor-intensive, IP-based, short-lived replacement we can expect to receive in a few year’s time.

Loggers Leap was, as has been said previously, a very popular family ride which filled a much-needed gap at Thorpe. It was of a far superior quality to the likes of Storm Surge and had a much higher throughput to match. The loss of this ride further displays Thorpe's absolute lack of direction, when they prioritise IP attractions over maintaining key staple attractions you know there is something wrong.

Furthermore, the communication on social media regarding this over the last 3 years has been absolutely unacceptable. Saying it's closed for maintenance (at the very first stage), then that it'll make a splashback, saying the area was under redevelopment (looks like that's gone well... 3 years?!). It's a joke.

Thorpe is in a dire state and this further highlights that. 3 years to announce that it'll never return, that's 3 years that they could've been refurbishing it or rebuilding its replacement. Also, remind me why we have to have one-in, one-out with things like this? Like, Wicker Man at Alton is great but now the park only has two water rides (one of which is broken, the other has only worth doing on the hottest of days). Why not build a new coaster, and keep the water ride?