• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

And from the same “help” page

Q: Why have you decided not to re-open the Logger’s Leap ride?

Sadly in recent years, the ride lost some of its magic and we feel now is the time to bid farewell to the Logs and look ahead at how we continue to create new and exciting experiences for families in the future.

So the ride lost it’s “magic” well if you’d maintained it then it wouldn’t of done :rolleyes:

Lots of people will naturally want the RMC and I totally get it. It would be awesome. However I'd personally love a huge GCI woodie on the scale of say Mystic Timbers or Wodan.

I also kind of selfishly want the first RMC in the UK to go to Towers. It's by far my fav Merlin park, despite it's issues, and it's much closer to where I live too so I get to visit more often and quite frankly.

I'm going to guess at a CGI woodie

Following the Wicker Man's success. Like when Alton got a Guerstlauer after Thorpe got theirs

Think Smiler ended up a Gerst more because of what they proposed with the site compared to other tenders more than "because Saw"...

Too many years of rumours of Thorpe getting a Dive Machine or Flyer because "TOWERS HAS ONE!!11"

Would say RMC is far more likely for Thorpe; save the GCI for Chessie when it gets some investm.... invest..... HAHA as if Chessie would ever get any actual investment, I honestly couldn't post it without laughing...

On the continuation of Thorpe’s decline,

They posted 2019 year of possibilities

ve67f8.jpg

I'm unsure as to how Thorpe Park get away with being so unprofessional on social media. I assume that they have employed an 18 year old to sit at a computer all day and said 18 year old thinks this so called 'banter' is hilarious. It is not.

I'm going to guess at a CGI woodie

Following the Wicker Man's success. Like when Alton got a Guerstlauer after Thorpe got theirs

The reason Alton got a Gerstlauer was more to do with the fact that Gerstlauer was the company who at that time could deliver a decent world's first (which is what the park wanted) within the specified design brief and space the park had. Also, more importantly, they could do all that within the budget the park had. Let's face it, you would never have got a B&M or any other ride with large track inside that space, it is simply too small.

I get the feeling that Merlin would ditch Thorpe if they could. The park really is in a dire state of flux, and as we know, it is among one of the lowest-rated attractions in the whole group. Given how Merlin are so reluctant to make serious investment, I think they will probably continue to operate the park at the minimum possible standard, while maintaining a schedule of gimmicky events and then cashing in at Fright Nights. It's such a bad product.

But yes, I do think we might eventually see an RMC. But that won't fix the park.

Don’t know if anybody has been on the Thorpe website and seen in the FAQ the new posts about Loggers
https://support.thorpepark.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002574552-Will-Loggers-Leap-be-re-opening-
It states that this area is now part of their long term development plan.
Rebuilding the Wild Mouse in my back yard is in my long term redevelopment plan.
I already have bits of the chain, power drive, wheels, chain dogs, upstops and anti roll back teardrop.
Donations welcome via personal message.

Would it be fair to say that was the last major Log Flume left in the UK?

Of course we have the portable version's dotted around and I'm not including anything that uses anything other than logs are vehicles. I can't think of any custom built versions left now, other than Gt Yarmouth?

Would it be fair to say that was the last major Log Flume left in the UK?

Of course we have the portable version's dotted around and I'm not including anything that uses anything other than logs are vehicles. I can't think of any custom built versions left now, other than Gt Yarmouth?

Chessington?

The Gulliver's parks have some traditional log flumes, albeit I wouldn't rush to call them major.

Might be a long shot given Saw Alive is right next to it but could they be waiting to see how the AT Dungeon does and if it's successful put in a Thorpe Dungeon on the Loggers Leap site?

Might be a long shot given Saw Alive is right next to it but could they be waiting to see how the AT Dungeon does and if it's successful put in a Thorpe Dungeon on the Loggers Leap site?

I very much doubt they would go to the bother of constructing a new building on the Loggers site. More likely they would bung a Dungeons into the I’m a Celeb building or in the back of the pyramid.