• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

There is one very nice engineer there who is lovely to talk with.

It looks like they are hiding saw’s wheelchair lift from view now because the top landing is boarded up and I’m guessing the bottom one will follow.

Bit worrying given Merlin's recent partnership with a disability charity...

Then again, it would require they spend money to fix it...

Bouncy castle comes across like they watched an episode of Fun House and thought that’s our thing for 2019.

It wouldn’t of been hard to get Pat Sharp and the twins for opening day.

A temporary fix which will artificially boost positive feedback, no one can hate a bouncy castle.

Been seeing loads of online post that people think the Bouncezilla is the best thing ever and are loving it
o_O

I’m guest Thorpe know their guest best.

Winner winner bounce zilla

Been seeing loads of online post that people think the Bouncezilla is the best thing ever and are loving it
o_O

I’m guest Thorpe know their guest best.

Winner winner bounce zilla
Well, that'll be all the proof they need to be able to turn round and say, "Our market research says guests don't want roller coasters." The next time someone complains about closed rides.

hFB8nTC_d.jpg

However today was the “press” launch of the bouncy castle, so all those on social media will be saying it’s the best thing ever, as they were invited for free to do it and won’t moan about it.

To be fair I see no issues with it, and I’ve done one before and it’s great fun, but it’s true that Thorpe don’t seem to know what direction to go in. Last year was year of death and misery, this year it’s computer games and a bouncy castle. It’s all just so random.

It has FASTRACK! Fastrack for crying out loud!

These press events are utter nonsense because it's all fake news purely because a few fansites get free day out and nibbles and all they gotta do is one or two positive tweets...

This is why I couldn't run one, I'd never be happy in talking crap just to get into Thorpe for free...

You can predict the reviews from the invites few before they are actually published, it’s the same old self drivel posted time after time. Just like the garbage that TwD is the scariest ride ever (from the people involved in it :rolleyes:

In and of itself, I don’t think there’s too much to criticise. It’s the bigger picture which is the problem. That being, a bouncy castle this year almost certainly means that any real capex addition is going to be deferred.

It’s effectively robbed us of our launched RMC Giga coaster! Or something like that...

BounceZilla I an sure is fine.

But I have no desire to return to TP this year. It's all just... urgh!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Out of interest, what is people's problem with BounceZilla as a temporary event? Didn't Tussauds put similar events on during the 2000s?

Out of interest, what is people's problem with BounceZilla as a temporary event? Didn't Tussauds put similar events on during the 2000s?
Maybe the fact that there's not been a new coaster since 2012, and no major new addition since 2016. In the interim there's been a poor area retheme, a fairly average ride retheme, an actor-lead attraction which didn't last (now an upcharge) and other removed attractions.

Didn't you ask this months ago and got the same response? It's not like its a 'Tussauds V Merlin' problem, but you can't pretend the park is going as strong as it was back then.

It's worth saying annual coaster additions was done for a rapid change in short space of time and was never going to be sustained, but even so the lack of direction ever since Merlin took on the park's running has been shocking. Tacky short term development after short term development.

The park is now a tarmaced patchwork of "warehouses" and barbed wire, with signs trying to remind you it's an island. It's a disappointment to any young adults that visit on the promise of a club entertainment offering, and it's terrible value for any families who visit. It has no appeal