• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Unfortunately yes.

dA7lUir.jpg

I feel at this point we have exhausted every possible joke relating to the incompetence of Merlin Entertainments.

Nothing more can be said!

I feel Merlin are the gift that keeps on giving for all the wrong reasons, the only thing they are exceedingly good at, is a constant source of good laughs and jokes, fresh material all the time.

'Second only to Disney' they said.

Multi billion dollar Star Wars land VS a bouncy castle.

Disney should be quaking in their boots. The competition is strong on this one.

Anyway, you only have to do an inflatable assault course once to know just how physically demanding and exhausting they are. :sweat:

I think you are forgetting that it was Merlin themselves that compared themselves to Disney. No one else.
They're the second biggest entertainment company to Disney, that doesn't mean they're any good at it. I'm the first person to join in with the Merlin hating but at the end of the day it's a fun activity for the summer which I'm sure people will love. Why not just enjoy it instead of ripping it apart?

They're the second biggest entertainment company to Disney, that doesn't mean they're any good at it. I'm the first person to join in with the Merlin hating but at the end of the day it's a fun activity for the summer which I'm sure people will love. Why not just enjoy it instead of ripping it apart?

Because if I want to go on a bouncy castle I will go to my local jump xtreme or a fairground. I don't expect a 'major' theme park to be adding a bouncy castle when I am paying between £30 and £55 to get in. Especially when they haven't added anything worth while in a long time to justify that price. That is why.

Because if I want to go on a bouncy castle I will go to my local jump xtreme or a fairground. I don't expect a 'major' theme park to be adding a bouncy castle when I am paying between £30 and £55 to get in. Especially when they haven't added anything worth while in a long time to justify that price. That is why.
Well you'd be paying about £30 to go on it at a Jump Park and you're getting it for free, so if anything it's decent value.

Well you'd be paying about £30 to go on it at a Jump Park and you're getting it for free, so if anything it's decent value.

Only costs about £10 round these parts. The point still stands, a major theme park adding a bouncy castle. Nah mate.

The second biggest entertainment company on this planet adding a bouncy castle to their flagship London park as the years only new attraction. Nah mate.

Merlin Entertainments being value for money. Nah mate.

Plus, are they not selling fasttrack for the thing? For a bouncy castle! Obviously they are anticipating large queues for this thing. Atleast if you did pay £30 to get on it at a jump extreme you would get straight on without a large queue. Then still, it doesn't make it free! If there is a queue, you've took a large portion out of your day to go on something when that time could have been spent riding proper rides. Making the entry price for the park even less value for money.

Last edited:
Only costs about £10 round these parts. The point still stands, a major theme park adding a bouncy castle. Nah mate.

The second biggest entertainment company on this planet adding a bouncy castle to their flagship London park as the years only new attraction. Nah mate.

Merlin Entertainments being value for money. Nah mate.

Plus, are they not selling fasttrack for the thing? For a bouncy castle! Obviously they are anticipating large queues for this thing. Atleast if you did pay £30 to get on it at a jump extreme you would get straight on without a large queue. Then still, it doesn't make it free! If there is a queue, you've took a large portion out of your day to go on something when that time could have been spent riding proper rides. Making the entry price for the park even less value for money.

It's not a 'new attraction' it's a summer event. And it's not the only new thing this year? They're not even marketing it as a new attraction, it's just a part of the 40th Anniversary.

I for one think this will be very popular over the summer. Me and my friends have done all the rides there, but we're going down this weekend because we've always wanted to do one of these. I'm sure many other pass holders and guests will feel the same.

They're the second biggest due to profits and the size of the company. No where does it say they provide an experience second to Disney so that point is completely irrelevant.