• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

For the past week (half term) all rides (except BounceZilla and DBGT) have had an uptime of 90+% with most rides available for 95+% of the time. Coupled with reportedly good operations this year the park, a better atmosphere, a more lively appearance and reportedly most effects working this is clearly a step in the right direction and long may this continue.

Obviously the park still has many things to do but it's good to see the park is actually doing something right.

Coupled with reportedly good operations this year the park, a better atmosphere, a more lively appearance and reportedly most effects working this is clearly a step in the right direction and long may this continue.
Its true operations have improved. Wait times when I visited on one of the busiest days of the season were right down, although the park was noticeably less busy than previous years... Still it was decent

Couple effects fixed but overall feels very hit and miss as a place to be. Especially audio around the park noticeably very patchy or sounding poor, although Inferno's station sounded fun again.

The Dome refurb seems very half hearted. Most of whats there now was added in previous years, still got lots of random Atlantis bits lying about even though the theme removed now.

One of the simplest improvements that would make a massive different I think is just to remove loads of the clutter and upsell stalls crowding the busy areas and blocking up (what used to be) good park views!

For the past week (half term) all rides (except BounceZilla and DBGT) have had an uptime of 90+% with most rides available for 95+% of the time. Coupled with reportedly good operations this year the park, a better atmosphere, a more lively appearance and reportedly most effects working this is clearly a step in the right direction and long may this continue.

Obviously the park still has many things to do but it's good to see the park is actually doing something right.

Well just having most rides open is doing better than Lego Land....

Last edited:
"One of the simplest improvements that would make a massive different I think is just to remove loads of the clutter and upsell stalls crowding the busy areas and blocking up (what used to be) good park views!"

You don't know Merlin very well then do you? Remove the chance to make more money??

"One of the simplest improvements that would make a massive different I think is just to remove loads of the clutter and upsell stalls crowding the busy areas and blocking up (what used to be) good park views!"

You don't know Merlin very well then do you? Remove the chance to make more money??
Well duh, I mean that’s obviously why the stalls are there in the first place. I think he means if the park are serious about rebuilding themselves, they should restore some of their old vistas to improve guest flow and make the place a genuinely nice location for a day out. They’re all mostly still there, just blocked over.

An obvious example of this is the area around Tidal Wave, which is now totally cluttered with drink refill points, tacky food stands and goal striker thingys, when it used to be one of the coolest and most lively areas of the park. It has been worsened this season as well with the removal of the boardwalk

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea whether Quantum will be opening any time soon or at all this year? As far as I know, it hasn’t opened yet this season, does anyone know why? I seem to remember it opened late last season too, but not this late I don’t think. Maybe it’s on it’s last legs now?

Jungle Escape (the up charge escape room that has replaced I’m a Celeb) has had a price reduction. It is now £7 on the day (was £10) or £6 if booked online (was £9).

There doesn’t appear to be much ‘noise’ about this attraction either good or bad. Couple of tweets though.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea whether Quantum will be opening any time soon or at all this year? As far as I know, it hasn’t opened yet this season, does anyone know why? I seem to remember it opened late last season too, but not this late I don’t think. Maybe it’s on it’s last legs now?
When I went last week it was testing so who knows when

As some of you may know, TTSP recently held an event at Thorpe Park. It would seem that they got a little insight into what the park's future could look like; theGman on CoasterForce said this about Thorpe's present plans:
theGman on CoasterForce said:
Right, quick report on what was said during the TTSP event at Thorpe over the weekend (the same event that the 2020 concept art was shown off at two years ago). It seems that there's a lot of changes in the pipeline for Thorpe, with the new divisional director taking the park in a new direction and a new LTDP in development. This new trajectory has set back plans for their next ride back a bit and at the moment, nothing is finalised. That said, the long-term goal is for the park to be unrecognisable from its current state in 10 or so years.

There was also talk of moving from the darker themes a little bit, in addition to Fright Nights exploring other elements of horror instead of just lumbering zombies and grunting actors. The marketing lead in particular seemed enthusiastic about bringing in the families, while still keeping the park focused on the thrill market. I've been very critical of Thorpe recently but I hope this is a turning point for them because I really want them to succeed (mainly because of my selfish want of an incredible park within a 40-minute drive of me to be fair).
Very exciting stuff; I'm optimistic about Thorpe's future!

As some of you may know, TTSP recently held an event at Thorpe Park. It would seem that they got a little insight into what the park's future could look like; theGman on CoasterForce said this about Thorpe's present plans:

Very exciting stuff; I'm optimistic about Thorpe's future!
so the old LTDP is gone, there is a new LTDP coming, but for the next 5 years the park will fester and get worse and worse

They tried the family route before, remember how that turned out?

Given Merlin's reactive nature, one bad season would throw such plans our the window...

They tried the family route before, remember how that turned out?
I don't think they ever committed properly to families under both Tussauds or Merlin. They realised after Swarm that they needed to cater for families much better but no real development was put into it. In fact DBGT was a total misfire.

If they got the family appeal and offering right, Thorpe Park would be much better and still be great for thrills too. After all, older kids and young teenagers love thrills & coasters, their big mistake was to focus too literally on young adults after Merlin took over.