• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

I'm sure I read somewhere that B&M aren't into theme parks flipping their rides backwards? I think it was a roller coaster at one of the Six Flags parks that they did it with, but I can't remember.

But anyway, if that's true, I certainly wouldn't want to risk ruining a good working relationship with one of the greatest ride manufacturers on the planet! :p

They WANTED to do it on a Batman, everyone laughed at Six Flags for this rumour, and it never happened...

Hopefully it'll be the same case here then, unless this was just a rumour. I really do hope they aren't considering it at Thorpe! :/

Besides what we've already said, facing the other way ruins the point of having any arm, leg and head choppers on the ride as you won't notice things until they've gone past! :p

All I can think of "the sting is in the tail" is scorpions or rattlesnakes, possibly something to do with an X retheme? I can't see them having the back row on The Swarm facing backwards, it seems more like a move to bring some life back into an old coaster, not one that's been operating for a year.

Benzin said:
They WANTED to do it on a Batman, everyone laughed at Six Flags for this rumour, and it never happened...

I believe they did do it on one train, tested it and then reverted it as it was a bit pointless. Or so I've read anyway.

I cannot remember if they actually did anything with it, but it was a very similar rumour to Swarm's...

Still doesn't make any logical sense, for so, so many reasons...

Reeks of desperation to me. How're they going to market it without it sounding like the coaster has utterly failed to bring in the visitors in its first year?

This is just an idea but what if they are moving the Rattlesnake from Chessington? :) I can't see why they would want to have backwards seats on The Swarm!? ???

Joseph said:
This is just an idea but what if they are moving the Rattlesnake from Chessington?

I don't see why they would want to move Rattlesnake to Thorpe Park

Thorpe Park

I know the rattlesnake is a 1.4m
But it would be cheaper and more effective to change the restraints to individual ones so they can lower the height restriction, rather than moving it to Thorpe where is will be seen as quite a bad 1.4m ride.

Putting the seats backwards on the Swarm is completeley and utterly pointless, one of the marketing features of it is the near misses, you wouldn't be able to see them untill you had whizzed past them, thus making the experience crap.

Hand on heart I'd be amazed if they decided to try and alter their new £18 million pound baby. All I can see is an X revamp and some paint.

This honestly sounds to me like they've heard about the rumours that they're turning the back rows backwards, and are playing on that.

-Samurai moving to the Swarm area? It could happen, but seems unlikely.
-X Revamp? What would this have to do with a Sting in the tail, unless the new theme is something to do with that.
-Some sort of add on attraction in the Marquee? I think this has a fair chance. The ents team have wanted a horror show style attraction at Fright Nights for the past year. They could have a permanent one in the Marquee. Hopefully they'd put more emphasis on storytelling to give it a long term future.

I really have no clue :-\

Quetzal said:
-Some sort of add on attraction in the Marquee? I think this has a fair chance. The ents team have wanted a horror show style attraction at Fright Nights for the past year. They could have a permanent one in the Marquee. Hopefully they'd put more emphasis on storytelling to give it a long term future.

I didn't think Thorpe had an Ents team left now :p

Flying Fish upgrade?

Mini Swarm babies running around like, 'Look at me, I'm a midget alien!'

So, a child's version of the Swarm really. ;)