• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Apparently Rush has been having hydraulic issues, hence why it's closed. Also, someone told me itsit the same power supply with Slammer, which would explain why Slammer is still SBNO and not removed. Could we see both removed if Rush's issues are too expensive to fix?
Both are S&S so that sounds plausible.

Looking at the update to the Thorpe Park app, it appears the following will be closed when the park re-opens:

Derren Brown
The Walking Dead
Tidal Wave
Rumba Rapids
Storm Surge
Depth Charge
4D Cinema
Lumber Jump
Rocky Express
Tug Boat
Rush

So, that’s a lot.

Rocky Express and Tug Boat have been added back to the app. The rest of the listed rides haven’t, suggesting they will remain closed.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Rush. It’s always been a bit of a diva and often seems to need work doing on it (a couple of seasons ago it was down for a good while whilst the crown was re-welded/replaced).

If they really wanted Slammer removing I’m sure they would have done so by now, regardless of power feeds. There’s plenty of chance while the park shut during closed seasons to isolate the supply and remove one without affecting the operation of other attractions. I can only assume until they need to get shot of it to utilise the land for something new they will leave it be. They could probably then cover the removal costs as part of clearance and site prep for a new project under the same budget.

Apparently Rush has been having hydraulic issues, hence why it's closed. Also, someone told me itsit the same power supply with Slammer, which would explain why Slammer is still SBNO and not removed. Could we see both removed if Rush's issues are too expensive to fix?

I really hope Rush sticks around as its my favourite ride at Thorpe Park, mainly as it is so unique and gives a fun feeling of weightlessness rather than just being scary.

Let’s be honest, what’s most likely?

Keeping a ride SBNO for Merlin to save cash and then just never bothering to take it down saving £10,000s or birds nesting?

I know which my money is on.

Keeping a ride SBNO for Merlin to save cash and then just never bothering to take it down saving £10,000s or birds nesting?

Or both.

S&S have always been willing to experiment, some of their ideas are more successful than others - I suspect there are good reasons why there are no remaining Sky Swats in operation.

I'm just amazed it lasted as long as it did really - it was never reliable and, judging by the amount of white paint all over the rotating arm in its latter years (seemingly from frequent NDTing), there were probably structural issues too.

Both gives the same result, birds nesting was a visual thing people could see so it was a “valid “ excuse... the birds nest was never denied when people used tweet Thorpe, but then that was back in the day that Loggers was “making a splash soon”
But will acknowledge as @John says there probably were issues.

Sounds awfully like the notorious accident prone A47 "Acle Straight" road near me not being duelled due to a rare species of snails.

True story.

Before.
DYTcthY.jpg

After.

EGgcTfA.jpg

Lovely bit of Merlin’s unique brand of attention to detail there. :)

ANPR fans and self service machine - courtesy of Theme Park Guide

If the traffic flows without issue they will greatly increase exit time, it’s just how the roundabout flows.
83679263-42-E9-4899-B84-D-A40-F3-A008-F19.jpg

07-A7-D0-E9-E5-D9-471-C-9-F60-05-ADCC51-FA8-A.jpg

DD303-B12-D471-4-C57-BBB9-BCEAEB0-AC8-D9.jpg
Hey @spinba11 shall I pop to THORPE to see if I can do my magic on this?...

What's the chance merlin broke the configuration...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk