• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I am a bit confused, as i never been to Thorpe. I thought then bridge was outside the park and the security checks.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

My friends were at Thorpe park today and they said there were no security checks whatsoever, only temperature checks on the way in.

Luckily they left before the incident and they are safe.

I think the park will be closed for the next couple of weeks while a police investigation is held and security measures are reviewed.

My friends were at Thorpe park today and they said there were no security checks whatsoever, only temperature checks on the way in.

Luckily they left before the incident and they are safe.

I think the park will be closed for the next couple of weeks while a police investigation is held and security measures are reviewed.
Can very well believe the lack of checks as it’s something I’ve seen myself.

Can’t see the park close for weeks though. They will know if this was a weapon that was brought into the park or if it was something already inside the park.

If it was brought in then serious questions need to be asked and I’d expect they would do full checks on everyone for a while.

The only “proper” check I’ve seen at a Merlin site in the UK is the London attractions especially The Eye.

Ludicrous lol. They may close tomorrow, for a day or two (I doubt it), but not for a couple of weeks. Towers closed for less than one week following the Smiler incident, which was categorically their fault.
I wonder if any such closure would be Merlin's or the police's decision.

Ludicrous lol. They may close tomorrow, for a day or two (I doubt it), but not for a couple of weeks. Towers closed for less than one week following the Smiler incident, which was categorically their fault.

It’s not ludicrous. I am based nearby to where the terror attacks in reading happened and the park where they happened has been shut off since the attacks, and that was a few weeks ago.

The park should not be operating tomorrow.

My friends walked in without any checks whatsoever, they said it felt really unsafe, only a voluntary bag check and no metal detectors or any checks for those without bags.

It’s not ludicrous. I am based nearby to where the terror attacks in reading happened and the park where they happened has been shut off since the attacks, and that was a few weeks ago.
Actually Forbury Gardens reopened over a week ago now. That incident resulted in multiple deaths and casualties, and more importantly was declared a terrorist incident fairly quickly.

Right now, reports suggest one person was injured at Thorpe (which, don't get me wrong, is devastating), and there's zero to suggest it was terrorism. So, yes, to suggest the park will be closed for two weeks is indeed ludicrous.

Actually Forbury Gardens reopened over a week ago now. That incident resulted in multiple deaths and casualties, and more importantly was declared a terrorist incident fairly quickly.

Right now, reports suggest one person was injured at Thorpe (which, don't get me wrong, is devastating), and there's zero to suggest it was terrorism. So, yes, to suggest the park will be closed for two weeks is indeed ludicrous.

The forbury incident wasn’t treated as terror related originally, and was then subsequently declared a terror attack.

We don’t know any details of this attack yet and it’s only right that the park remains closed while a police investigation is carried out.

It doesn’t matter how many people were injured, at least one person has been injured and an investigation into the park security and why this incident happened needs to take place before they go back to reopening.

I imagine it will be the polices decision when they can reopen, not merlin.

Edit; I drove past forbury last week and it was still taped off so just assumed it hadn’t reopened yet, but it was closed for a fair while before reopening.

The forbury incident wasn’t treated as terror related originally, and was then subsequently declared a terror attack.

We don’t know any details of this attack yet and it’s only right that the park remains closed while a police investigation is carried out.

It doesn’t matter how many people were injured, at least one person has been injured and an investigation into the park security and why this incident happened needs to take place before they go back to reopening.

I imagine it will be the polices decision when they can reopen, not merlin.
I would Assume the police could say the bridge is off limits, which would then force Merlin's hand unless they have an alternative entrance.