• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I believe they replaced the restraints around 2013 to be able to change the height restriction from 1.4m to 1m.

The irony is of course they upped the limit to 1.4m again in 2018 for the Walking Dead. So the original restraints would be working just fine now, single ride rows would be ok.
That's interesting. Hopefully they'll see sense and revert them back then.

If they're enforcing group sizes on Storm Force, I don't think disallowing single riders / odd numbered groups is a problem really. Especially on a B-tier ride like that, not if it's made clear the reasoning for it.

If they're enforcing group sizes on Storm Force, I don't think disallowing single riders / odd numbered groups is a problem really. Especially on a B-tier ride like that, not if it's made clear the reasoning for it.
"THORPE PARK allow guests onto ride with dangerous design flaw"
^they can't really explain the why without articles like that

Thorpe like Chessie seem to have major queue issues this season, even more so than Towers, I looked earlier today and Saw was at 180 minutes, whilst two or three other rides (including tidal wave) had 150 min waits. Which just seems crazy, no parks should have queues like long. Either you have too many guests in, you are not operating your rides well or both.

Out of the 13 European parks I visited in the past month I don’t think we waited more than an hour for anything, and some of those parks were very busy.

Thorpe Park have released some more information about Oktoberfest, which will include some ride rethemes, a reusable themed Stein, and roaming Oompah band on Friday and Saturdays.

Given the world is upside down and back to front, and this event appears to have been added to Thorpe's line up a little late on, it seems like they're making a decent attempt at something enjoyable.

Thorpe Park currently not allowing pass holder pre-book for any Fright Nights dates (days either side of Fright Nights are still available).

This strikes me as practice that is in extremely poor taste, seeing if they can fill the park with on the day guests before offering any tickets to pass holders during their busiest time of year. Access to Fright Nights is also one of the advertised perks of the premium annual pass over the standard pass so I'd even argue that they are operating in a grey area in terms of false advertising (although they will no doubt release an extremely small quantity of annual pass tickets at some stage to counter this).