• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I didn’t personally hit 1.4m until the age of about 10.

For some reference, I’m not exactly tall and was never tall for my age throughout childhood, having topped out at around 5’9”-5’10”.

On the flip side, my cousin, who’s 8 but turning 9 in September, is already over 1.4m, so I think it varies! She is particularly tall for her age, though…

Yeah 1.4m is more like an 11 year old. Hence why I think Thorpe can exist as a park for families with teenagers, but they could do with some more 1.2m restriction rides for the younger siblings. Switching The Walking Dean back to X would be a great start in a more family friendly offering.
But families with kids under 10 should go to Paulton instead.

Just looking at Thorpe’s latest tweets and thought it looked like they didn’t get many comments etc. Turns out they have started hiding comments they don’t like. Never a good look when companies do this.

lsmeIJn.jpg

edqhl5d.jpg

https://twitter.com/thorpepark?s=21

Last edited:
I did think it weird when they stated "World class" acts but didn't mention any.

I think Merlin use world class, world beating, world first and so on so much that it has just lost all meaning, they don’t know what they are saying by this point.

World class acts at a regional theme park event? They got Adele booked to perform on the little stage near Tidal Wave have they?

Thorpe Park is trending on Twitter as one woman whose daughter who is mask exempt was asked to sit at the back on the rides. She's comparing it to racial segregation. She's got to be kidding right? What an absolutely ridiculous statement to make.

And this is why we don't see anything done about RAP or the like.

The sense of entitlement in society today is ridiculous.

People comparing it to apartheid should really look in the mirror and ask themselves some questions.

Social Media really is the worst.

I last went in 2019 and paid £85 for a full price adult ticket, 1 x student and 2 fast track tickets.

This year the same would cost me £145. And the fast track seems to have less ride options (I remember last year having some of the flat rides on there but now it’s just 5 coasters).

Seems like a scandalous price hike. £90 alone for fast track is really not seeming worthwhile anymore but then judging by the queues on their Twitter replies who knows.

Seems like a scandalous price hike. £90 alone for fast track is really not seeming worthwhile anymore but then judging by the queues on their Twitter replies who knows.
It does depend on ride availability, but a number of times we've ridden 4 coasters as we arrived. For whatever reason, that place is a ghost town some mornings, presumably because most of the clientele are still making a TikTok video of their breakfast.

It does depend on ride availability, but a number of times we've ridden 4 coasters as we arrived. For whatever reason, that place is a ghost town some mornings, presumably because most of the clientele are still making a TikTok video of their breakfast.
On my last visit to Thorpe, we arrived at the park a good 30 minutes before opening, so were there for the opening time of 10am, and we waltzed through security with absolutely no wait whatsoever, and had done 4 of the 5 big coasters once by 12pm! I should add that this was during the summer holidays, so not an off-peak weekday by any means!

It seemed like there were very few in the park until the afternoon, and even then it wasn’t particularly rammed; we ended up leaving at 3pm, simply because we’d done everything we wanted to! Sure, I might have liked to have done Rush (I do really like it!), but I was very satisfied with our ride count! My ride count that day was; 3x Swarm, 1x Nemesis Inferno, 1x Stealth, 1x Saw, 1x Rumba Rapids, 1x Detonator!

I’m looking forward to my next visit to Thorpe on 11th July; I’ll admit I really do quite like Thorpe as a park!