• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

In other news, Nick Hutson has done new music for Swarm Island:

A snippet of this soundtrack actually involves Call me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen:

I’d have to go in the area and listen to the full loop, but I’ll admit I’m not too sure on this change at the moment based on what I’ve heard and seen. I do think Swarm Island’s old soundtrack was actually quite atmospheric, and I did like the atmosphere that the old loop created. Still, I need to experience this new audio in person before I can fully judge it; I’m sure Nick will have done a great job!

In other news, Nick Hutson has done new music for Swarm Island:

A snippet of this soundtrack actually involves Call me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen:

I’d have to go in the area and listen to the full loop, but I’ll admit I’m not too sure on this change at the moment based on what I’ve heard and seen. I do think Swarm Island’s old soundtrack was actually quite atmospheric, and I did like the atmosphere that the old loop created. Still, I need to experience this new audio in person before I can fully judge it; I’m sure Nick will have done a great job!

I do wonder how Thorpe set their priorities sometimes. There is so much that needs doing at that park to improve it, but audio isn’t really one of them. Yet they constantly seem to spend money tinkering with sound tracks every 5 mins.

I do wonder how Thorpe set their priorities sometimes. There is so much that needs doing at that park to improve it, but audio isn’t really one of them. Yet they constantly seem to spend money tinkering with sound tracks every 5 mins.
In fairness, I really like Thorpe’s new IMAScore soundtracks, if that’s what you’re on about, so I’d personally say they were money well spent!

That's just it, the new IMAscore soundtracks are great and give the park a bit of consistency throughout. Why throw money down the drain needlessly to do something like this? They need to be throwing money at investments with substance, not re-doing soundtracks for the gazillionth time.

One involves serious planning and spending, the other is a relatively low cost exercise they can parade on social media.

Tinkering the music isn't exactly low cost when it needs to be produced from scratch, no matter which geek blowing smoke up their own arse they use. Not only that, but no one user is going to scroll down social media and think: "I MUST go to Thorpe Park because they've got a new soundtrack again! Have ALL MY MONEY!".

It's utterly pointless. Might as well have just defecated the cash straight into the lake.
Again.

Tinkering the music isn't exactly low cost when it needs to be produced from scratch, no matter which geek blowing smoke up their own arse they use. Not only that, but no one user is going to scroll down social media and think: "I MUST go to Thorpe Park because they've got a new soundtrack again! Have ALL MY MONEY!".

It's utterly pointless. Might as well have just defecated the cash straight into the lake.
Again.
It's not low cost but compared to some of the stuff they actually need to do it is.

You would think it's not that effective but just look at the response to the parkvibes music....

What must the board meeting have been like at the beginning of the season:

"So guys, we have only a few grand to spend this season. Our park needs some work, all the VR headsets on the Ghost Train are broken and guest feedback suggests they couldn't get on enough rides before Covid let alone now and that our park is always infested with yobbos. Alton Towers are spending their budget on bringing in temporary flats and a family events calendar. What shall we do?"

"Oh, I know boss. Why don't we rip all the theming out of the dome and theme it to a council leisure centre, play around with the non - VR bits of the ghost train and commission a fan to do a mix of generic pop music that we can play on Swarm Island?"

"Excellent idea Jones, you'll make park manager one day!"

Last edited:
Why would anyone at Thorpe think this was a good idea?
In fairness, that particular song was apparently an attempt at humour within the telephone box audio.

It was a bit lost on me, but admittedly, a lot of subtle humour is!

I’ll admit that I’m not sure on pop songs playing in the area, as I thought Swarm’s old soundtrack and audio worked fine, but I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve visited; I’m sure Nick Hutson has done a wonderful job!