• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I guess I was just unlucky last time I went, Last Wednesday Stealth, Storm Surge, Samurai and Vortex were shut all day, Lumber Jump and Angry Birds 4D broke down when I was on them (probably the lamest evacs ever)

Given Thorpe’s demographic, would it potentially be worth shifting their opening hours later into the day? Many teens and young adults don’t like getting up early; even though I’m usually up by 8:30am or so every day, I’m certainly an outlier in that regard compared to others my age!

So with that in mind, many might not be keen to get up for opening time with the opening hours being 10am-6pm, but they might be more keen for 12pm-8pm, for instance.

What do you mean? There’s no curfew imposed on young people, as far as I’m aware.
dNfHNmb.gif

(the joke is that offenders just out of prison have ankle tags).

dNfHNmb.gif

(the joke is that offenders just out of prison have ankle tags).
Oh, not my broken sarcasm/joke detector again…

Why would Thorpe necessarily attract a high percentage of offenders just out of prison, though? Or is that another joke?

Oh, not my broken sarcasm/joke detector again…

Why would Thorpe necessarily attract a high percentage of offenders just out of prison, though? Or is that another joke?

Thorpe is Merlin's stomping ground for the less desirables in society who think it's a great idea to carry knives around, or threaten people on the bus to the park. Chessington and Lego are much more family orientated so you're less likely to see the angry mob / yobbos there; but the positioning of Thorpe as a brand is targeting these types of morons.

Ultimately it is a joke, but you're certainly likely to see more up-and-coming prison offenders at Thorpe than any other Merlin park.

On a different note, what exactly is this ParkVibes event that’s started today? Is it like Thorpe’s take on Mardi Gras, or is it different?

Ah right OK.

Unbeknownst to me when we booked our trip, I’m actually going during this event, so I guess I’ll see for myself what it entails on 11th July!

Reportedly THORPE are back to full capacity batching on all coasters now, I know saw is (found out the not fun way when already stressed Saturday)

As it turns out, ParkVibes is almost like a Thorpe Park music festival-type thing; they’ve got loads of street entertainment around, and they’ve done loads of rap/hip hop ride announcements and music changes around the park:

As much as I’m not sure this is my sort of thing, it looks like the park have put a lot of effort into this event!

Thorpe is Merlin's stomping ground for the less desirables in society who think it's a great idea to carry knives around, or threaten people on the bus to the park. Chessington and Lego are much more family orientated so you're less likely to see the angry mob / yobbos there; but the positioning of Thorpe as a brand is targeting these types of morons.

Ultimately it is a joke, but you're certainly likely to see more up-and-coming prison offenders at Thorpe than any other Merlin park.

Another example of the delightful clientele that Thorpe Park attracts.

As it turns out, ParkVibes is almost like a Thorpe Park music festival-type thing; they’ve got loads of street entertainment around, and they’ve done loads of rap/hip hop ride announcements and music changes around the park:

As much as I’m not sure this is my sort of thing, it looks like the park have put a lot of effort into this event!

Read 'rap/hip hop ride announcements' and felt my toes curl with immediate effect. Despite already adopting this defensive position, I still didn't last beyond five seconds of the video.