• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

In terms of a USP; wouldn’t the UK height record be enough of a USP in itself? I’d argue that Wicker Man proved that Merlin doesn’t require a USP to be a physical ride hardware gimmick per se, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t (or at least, couldn’t) green light a UK height record breaker with no other gimmicks attached, personally.
This is what I was thinking. Is the UK height record literally the biggest USP a roller coaster in this country could have. The Big One hasn't took the record nearly 30 years ago and that's crazy. It obviously is time for it to be beaten again. Of course there are other USP's that Thorpe might well go for and we'll probably find that out on the 10th.

This is an interesting idea...

Anyone know if the AMC licence is ending soon?
Would make sense though, TWDTR retheme in 2022 and then a brand new major thrill coaster in 2023/24.

Out of interest @Skyscraper, what did the video talk about, if you wouldn’t mind saying? It seems to have been deleted.
He was talking about TWD: TR potentially being re-themed to an Egyptian theme for 2022, with the building being themed to a pyramid. It's all speculation obviously (even more so now the video's been removed), but would make sense. :)

Just read the post re the speculated surf coaster

could this project actually be the second coming?? Ie a non prototype version of the ride?

Could the new coaster utilize X's building for indoor sections before venturing outside? Loads of possibilities.
With the building’s proximity to Slammer (which could very well be removed in order to make way for this dependent on the ride’s scale), I guess it’s not impossible!

Even if it’s not something I’m personally predicting, I guess it could happen… stranger things have happened!

Sorry to double post, but on a different note, it looks as though very little has happened in Old Town since the season ended; Platform 15 is still fully intact, as are the kids' rides. The source for this is Jack Silkstone's recent Thorpe Park winter update:

(The Old Town section is towards the start, and takes up the bulk of the video)

Also, for some idea of how huge the plot of land they have to work with here is, it took Jack around 3.5-4 minutes to walk the entire length of the potential plot (from Old Town Burger King to the CCR train shed)!

This video has also made me guess that this coaster could well end up being one of the most heavily covered UK coaster projects in terms of construction updates; I can sense that the combination of the coaster site being directly next to Monk's Walk and Jack Silkstone's appetite for filming frequent Thorpe Park updates could lead to some excellent coverage of construction!

Insufferable.
Keep it to yourself. People probably think the same of us by being enthusiasts - let people do what they enjoy and if it’s not your thing, walk on by. Berating youtubers who have made a monetised success of their hobby seems like all the range but it’s just mean spirited

Keep it to yourself. People probably think the same of us by being enthusiasts - let people do what they enjoy and if it’s not your thing, walk on by. Berating youtubers who have made a monetised success of their hobby seems like all the range but it’s just mean spirited
I'll keep sharing my opinion on a forum designed for us all to do just that, thanks. If you don't like it, just walk on by.

If people think the same of us for being enthusiasts it's probably because their only experience of what enthusiasts are are the jumped up little ricks with a recording device in their hand being rude, intrusive and demanding to get their precious content and bragging rights. So no, let's berate them.

It’s a young lad - who I’m pretty sure none of us have met - doing his job. Whether you think it’s a “real” job or not is your call, but again just don’t watch his content. To call him (or any YouTuber) “insufferable” is completely unacceptable and rude

This seems to be getting a bit unnecessarily heated, and I'm fairly sure this topic of conversation crops up every couple of months anyway. Let's get back to discussing Thorpe specifically please!