• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Still utterly bizarre to have a Mardi Gras event at the completely wrong time of the year.
Honestly, 90% of people won't realise Mardi Gras is usually in February. What people do vaguely recognise is the colour scheme and style of food (and drink!). It's a strong branding choice to build upon visually for an event, and the date doesn't really affect anyone negatively apart from pedants.

It’s a theme park. We suspend reality all day at a theme park. Inferno isn’t really a volcano, Zombies aren’t really on the loose in Walking Dead, Tidal Wave isn’t really a tidal wave, Mardi Gras isn’t really in June - does it matter? Not really.

Honestly, 90% of people won't realise Mardi Gras is usually in February. What people do vaguely recognise is the colour scheme and style of food (and drink!). It's a strong branding choice to build upon visually for an event, and the date doesn't really affect anyone negatively apart from pedants.
Mardi Gras is in Feb though...pre shrovetide, pancake time, call it what you will.
I'm in the 10% who thinks it is wrong, but as a pedantic old git, I am hardly their target market.
Mardi Gras used to mean 50p rides in Blackpool!

On the 'will they keep the 3 Old Town rides' front, I've seen an image floating around somewhere on Twitter of Lumber Jump having new signage installed to it from a signs company similar to Leek Signs, but located down south. I'll try and find said image but it'll probably be challenging as this was a few days ago.

From what I can remember, the signage/graphics were akin to a high school style theme (think Amity High/Lycanthorpe), so I'd expect this to be in Amity Cove.

Didn't see anything with regards to the other 2 rides though.

Please watch this video its hilarious!! The video features favourite rides that have since retired. Thease include Chef Rangers Carousel etc. At one point a sign from Canada Creek is visible can someone let me know which ride the staff are stood in front of?

Please watch this video its hilarious!! The video features favourite rides that have since retired. Thease include Chef Rangers Carousel etc. At one point a sign from Canada Creek is visible can someone let me know which ride the staff are stood in front of?

They are stood in front of Storm Surge. :)

Interested to see how Lumber Jump does. Back in Old Town most people who even walked past it were there with younger kids because it literally was the 'kid's rides' area. Now it's going to be sitting in the middle of the park and passed by thousands of teenagers and young adults every day who are too big to even go on it with their mates.

Hi all is the fate of Rocky Express 100% known yet? All the other Old Town rides have had their fates sealed. I urge people to help me complete my Old Town jigsaw puzzle by informing me of Rocky Express’s fate. I have heard that Rocky Express has been sold elsewhere. If this is true can someone please tell me where exactly has purchased Rocky Express?

Ultimately, the answer to your first question is no, the fate of Rocky Express is not 100% known yet. Though I think at this stage we can pretty much rule out it re-appearing at any of the UK Merlin Theme Parks.

We most likely won't get an answer on its fate until it either springs up in another spot somewhere on the planet, or pictures emerge of it being actually scrapped (i.e. chopped up into bits). Until then, you might just have to hold your breath.

I've noticed that the timed ticket info for Black Mirror Labrinth is no longer on its web and app pages, but its still there on DBGT's. Interesting as I'd expect timed tickets to be removed completely instead of them being kept on one attraction but not the other. :confused:
Any thoughts as to why this could be?