• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I’m at Thorpe Park today and I’m absolutely gutted, the only coaster that is running is Stealth, everything is down. What’s especially galling of that I’ve come down from Newcastle for this, it’s a long journey to be standing around waiting to see if anything opens.
Colossus and Inferno are now open, according to the app! 🙂

Colossus and Inferno are now open, according to the app!

I wish they were, I’ve just been waiting outside Inferno and chatting to the guy operating the queue there. It says 20 mins on the board and app but that’s not correct, it’s down. They were testing it but it wasn’t able to open. That’s happened with a lot of rides, the app says Open but when you walk round to it it’s down. Absolutely gutted today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they were, I’ve just been waiting outside Inferno and chatting to the guy operating the queue there. It says 20 mins on the board and app but that’s not correct, it’s down. They were testing it but it wasn’t able to open. That’s happened with a lot of rides, the app says Open but when you walk round to it it’s down. Absolutely gutted today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah I see, sorry to hear that. Funny though as the new queue board system was supposed to be more accurate, but obviously not 😳

I’m at Thorpe Park today and I’m absolutely gutted, the only coaster that is running is Stealth, everything is down. What’s especially galling of that I’ve come down from Newcastle for this, it’s a long journey to be standing around waiting to see if anything opens.

Everything but Stealth? What the hell happened? Are they saying? I'd guess it might be a power issue or something.

Also travelled from Newcastle to get here and brought friends for their first ever visit today, gutted with you :(

Ye. Wildly inaccurate last week too. Colossus showed 50 all day regardless of queue size. Inferno between 10-20 mins all day despite never getting past 1/2 way down stairs; Stealth showing 15 all day even when closed; Swarm 10 when at least 30; Saw 5 when it was at least 40 mins.

Not sure how they have become so inaccurate. Found it best to ignore what the app or anything else says and go by how busy the queue really looks One good thing about Thorpe being pretty small it only takes a couple of minutes to get to another attraction if that.

It was on two trains when I was there on Thursday, not too sure if that was the day it went back to two or if it happened sooner though
I was there on Tuesday and it was on one train then. Painfully slow operations, had a pretty much constant hour long queue, even though it never stretched back much further than the split point not far from the station. And I know some have said that the queue times were inaccurate, but I did get in the queue for Colossus thinking it looked more like a 10 minute queue than a 50 minute one, but it quickly became apparent that the 50 minutes advertised queue was going to be pretty close to actual wait time. It wasn't busy at all and everything else was pretty much walk-on all day.

Last edited:
I was there on Tuesday and it was on one train then. Painfully slow operations, had a pretty much constant hour long queue, even though it never stretched back much further than the split point not far from the station. While everything else was pretty much walk-on all day.
Yeah, was slow dispatches on two trains on Thursday (during the very limited time it was actually open with the weather), so I can only dread to think what one train operation must be like, we were really lucky to get on when we did

I was there on Tuesday and it was on one train then. Painfully slow operations, had a pretty much constant hour long queue, even though it never stretched back much further than the split point not far from the station. And I know some have said that the queue times were inaccurate, but I did get in the queue for Colossus thinking it looked more like a 10 minute queue than a 50 minute one, but it quickly became apparent that the 50 minutes advertised queue was going to be pretty close to actual wait time. It wasn't busy at all and everything else was pretty much walk-on all day.
Was Tidal Wave closed for your visit? According to the app it's been closed for a fair few days now. Wonder what's up with it?