• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I'm not particularly techno savvy, but don't Queue Times take their information from the official apps? In which case, if their information is wrong, is that not because the official apps are wrong. If that's the case, then clearly it's better that the app's wrong, than that almost all the rides are closed, but it's not really Queue Time's fault.

I'm not particularly techno savvy, but don't Queue Times take their information from the official apps? In which case, if their information is wrong, is that not because the official apps are wrong. If that's the case, then clearly it's better that the app's wrong, than that almost all the rides are closed, but it's not really Queue Time's fault.
Yes they do - but they lag slightly behind, so it would just be reflecting what the app said at opening.

For example: during my visit to Holiday Park last year EGF said a 50 min queue all day on that site. We waited no more than 10, usually less than 5 mins.

I've heard reports that the live actors are back in TWD: TR, can anyone confirm this?
I'll still do it if there are, It would be nice to know in advance though. 👻

I've heard reports that the live actors are back in TWD: TR, can anyone confirm this?
I'll still do it if there are, It would be nice to know 👻
There were when I went two weeks ago, I think they decided to give me a wide berth when I put my fingers in my ears because the music was too loud.

Yes the walking dead had actors on Saturday.

Tidal wave has some technical issues apparently which is why it’s shut, I assume they are after a part or something.

And colossus was on one train certainly in the morning. Never bothered looking back at it again during the day as it always showed busy on the app.

Wasn't even looking, but tapped a notification from the Thorpe app from my drop down menu and the below came up. Interesting way of marketing the park (contains another famous Merlin grammatical error mind)
8f19211032702075b569bf344b2baae3.jpg

Had to check....and then double check with was the Thorpe Park topic and it wasn't April fools :tearsofjoy:
This was their April Fools joke :tearsofjoy:

Yeh, when I saw that April fools story I remembered that Tidal Wave was drained when I was there a couple of days before so for a brief moment I did think "ah so that's why it was drained" :flushed: Only for a very brief moment until I realised what date it was, I was still half asleep though, so... :tearsofjoy::laughing:

Last edited:
Based on what I've read in this topic recently, Thorpe have loads of rides shut but they opened the kids drop tower and they think a 15 minute queue for Stealth is good advertising.

Well I guess I better drop everything and go to Thorpe Park. What a magnificent place.

You beat me to it!
My version was..."Now Thorpe expect us to believe their queuetimes!"
After lots of issues with early season ride closures, that time specific shot is rather cheeky, but shows what wonderful things can be done with dodgy "statistics" on social media.

Thorpe has loads of big rides. I really struggle to see how the marketing team have such a tough time. Even if you picked say 5 rides out of the medium and big category you've got enough footage easily for a 30 second TV and or something, rather than the rubbish they push out every year