• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Hahaha I remember when they did that at the parks back in 2009.

Absolute carnage and full Fastrack queues everywhere. Remember MAP holders shouting at me that they had to queue for ages because EVERYONE was doing it.

Swear the parks just go through cycles of the same thought processes and decisions every few years.

I've never understood why they don't just scrap colossus if they can't be bothered to change to functioning trains and restraints that don't give people concussions, take 10 minutes to dispatch and let anyone over 5'11 fit in, doesn't make sense why they never updated it to lapbars.
Remember that anyone over 5'11 won't have any headbanging as their head will be above the sides of the restraint. I'm 6ft 2 and was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that back in April.

My Future plans for thorpe park(view in order)

Attachments

• 19312345-2E61-4E47-A8E7-5FA294F47B4D.jpeg
    19312345-2E61-4E47-A8E7-5FA294F47B4D.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 71B9E36C-807A-4F86-B5B8-2D759D89DDBF.jpeg
    71B9E36C-807A-4F86-B5B8-2D759D89DDBF.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 2AC55394-455E-43B2-A1A9-F3A0082DAADD.jpeg
    2AC55394-455E-43B2-A1A9-F3A0082DAADD.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 41
  • D012FC18-9499-4581-B8E1-92F45D51D411.jpeg
    D012FC18-9499-4581-B8E1-92F45D51D411.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 41
White lettering on yellow background...never an easy read, had to get my sunglasses out.
Nothing decent after the new coaster for about a decade.

Yet another entitled disabled guest disregarding safety. 😡

Although I agree that if they had ready the guide it then they should know what they can and cannot ride, the fact the restrictions vary between Thorpe and Alton doesn’t make any sense.

The Thorpe guide clearly shows the seven rides that can’t be done with arm amputation above the elbow

The Alton Towers guide doesn’t mention arm amputations

So why can someone ride Rita and not Stealth?

I mean if Stealth had restraints similar to Top Thrill Dragster or Red Force there'd be no issues with them riding either.

Yet another entitled disabled guest disregarding safety. 😡

Not entirely sure if you’re being serious here?

She’s not being entitled at all. There are so many questions to be asked here.

Why do the rules differ between Stealth and Rita when they use the exact same restraints?

Why have the rules changed? Back in 2010, the rule was that you could ride Stealth as long as you had one full non-prosthetic arm. Why has this changed when, as far as we know, there haven’t been any incidents?

Why was she allowed to sit down on the ride and then made to get off? That’s appalling, the attendant batching should have discreetly explained the rules. Making her get off is extremely embarrassing.

And the biggest question- Why, when Alton Towers were called out last year for screaming “she can’t walk” across Smiler station, have Merlin not learnt from this and reviewed their policy for guests with disabilities? They clearly haven’t done this if the rules differ between Thorpe and Alton.

I would consider this to be another example of Merlin’s poor organisation and disregard for inclusivity.

Obviously H&S comes first, but can we honestly say with confidence that Merlin parks do everything they can to accommodate people with disabilities? This, and the “she can’t walk” incident suggests that they really don’t.

They clearly haven’t done this if the rules differ between Thorpe and Alton.

I would consider this to be another example of Merlin’s poor organisation and disregard for inclusivity.

It does seem crazy that some of the time Merlin resort theme parks seem to operate as a complete operation, consistant branding (such as Burger Kitchen) etc. But most of the time its like four seperate businesses all doing their own thing.

Tbf you still queue when you have an RAP, just not in the main queue line.

Well that’s how it’s supposed to work anyway. I’ve witnessed people turning up before their allocated time and being allowed on, which of course causes delays in the main queue.

My question is does having diabetes affect the ability to queue to such a degree you can get a RAP?

I believe that some people with diabetes can develop foot problems (such as cramps, pain, and ulcers) due to a poor blood supply to their feet. That could definitely make it difficult for someone with those issues to stand on their feet for longer periods.

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/complications/feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a day at Thorpe Park today. Managed to get in 17 rides, though some are rerides, here's a list.

Stealth: 4
The Swarm: 2
Colossus: 2
Nemesis Inferno: 2
SAW, The Ride: 1
Rumba Rapids: 2
Quantum: 2
Zodiac: 1
Detonator: 1

I think it's safe to say, that not only I had a great day, but I finally managed to overcome my fear of Hydraulic Launch Coasters. Stealth is now my 2nd favourite in the country, with Nemmy still 1st.
Detonator was great, especially with the ride ops purposely only counting to 3, then just dropping it. Hilarious!!

My first run on Colossus was surprisingly smooth today, but the 2nd one, not so much. Weird how they were on the same train, and on the front row :/

I was pleasantly surprised by Zodiac, as it was my first time trying an Enterprise. Really intense, and just really fun.

Quantum was great fun, never had a queue throughout the entire day!! Wish there were more Magic Carpets around. Really underrated Flat Ride if you ask me. Short, but never fails to make you smile.

All in all, probably my best day at Thopre Park yet. 10/10

Last edited:
My Future plans for thorpe park(view in order)
My future plans for Thorpe Park:

61568ae0467a705d9e325abe14f5cb84.jpg

IMG_3103.png

Attraction Source held an event at Thorpe Park today and its been noticed that some concept art for a B&M Flying Coaster is in the background of one of the photos. The blurry images are of Superman and Manta, and the image in the centre is familiar from Oblivion/Vertical Launch concept art used at Alton Towers but with riders in a B&M Flying coaster car.

Perhaps this was an alternative concept for Saw/Swarm?