• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I believe that a B&M flyer was what Tussauds had planned for the Saw site, it was Winfrey discussed on the forums around 2007-08, and staff even told us it was planned.

I believe that the GCI concept came later when they decided against the B&M flyer, but were sadly short lived, and we ended up getting one of the world’s roughest and dullest Eurofighters.

Unrelated to the current topic sorry, but what are your guys thoughts on WWTP radio around the Amity area? (Stealth and Tidal Wave)
I really love it, makes a change to depressing themes we seem to see now at merlin parks, adds a bit of fun to the area and they are all old songs, so it’s not like you are listening to modern chart hits.

The only issue I have is on my two visits this season it’s either been off completely and silent in the area or queue, or it’s only been playing on one or two Speakers.

It is superb, the whole area theme is one of the most feelgood in the UK. It's what I want more of.
I'd love Dark Forest rethemed to a more abandoned Thunder Rock Valley, I could see this working really well, with Rita being rethemed back to Rita Queen of Speed, having its own Pirate Radio broadcast, and Th13teen being pretty much the same.

I adore Amity Cove, its actually my 2nd favourite area in the UK, with only Forbidden Valley beating it. I wonder what they'll do when the Angry Birds IP ends. Will they theme it to something like Amity Town, and make a new WWTP Radio audio to play between Stealth and Tidal wave, or will it be just left as it is with no repaints or work done to it? Who knows.

I'd love Dark Forest rethemed to a more abandoned Thunder Rock Valley, I could see this working really well, with Rita being rethemed back to Rita Queen of Speed, having its own Pirate Radio broadcast, and Th13teen being pretty much the same.

I adore Amity Cove, its actually my 2nd favourite area in the UK, with only Forbidden Valley beating it. I wonder what they'll do when the Angry Birds IP ends. Will they theme it to something like Amity Town, and make a new WWTP Radio audio to play between Stealth and Tidal wave, or will it be just left as it is with no repaints or work done to it? Who knows.
What about tornado springs, that’s easily the best area in the UK

I've been to Adventure Cove in Drayton Manor, and it feels like a tacky Ripoff of Amity Cove around Tidal Wave. Its nothing compared to the amazing area in Thorpe Park.

Last edited:
My sister insists on cellphone.
I have recently purchased a new wireless device that runs on dry cells that can be rejuvenated with the aid of alternating current from the local supply.
£20 DAB radio from aldi.
Ingenious, but I still prefer my actual telephony to be hardwired, and in a room that I am not currently occupying.

My sister insists on cellphone.
I have recently purchased a new wireless device that runs on dry cells that can be rejuvenated with the aid of alternating current from the local supply.
£20 DAB radio from aldi.
Ingenious, but I still prefer my actual telephony to be hardwired, and in a room that I am not currently occupying.
Don't wish to drag this off topic much further however what station do you listen to Rob?

Is it just me or is Colossus getting worse? It was on a 2 train service today, and with the queue not too far past the split point still being an hour or more wait time. The air gates not opening for new riders to board the train until the previous train was already sitting on the break run. Definitely needs something doing with it, or maybe even replacing it altogether. Also, a lot of head banging on it, but that's nothing new I suppose.