• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Arguably the most expensive and unique issue with DBGT, an attraction which is basically just a succession of issues, is that the ride system was designed as bespoke to support the attraction's narrative. So any retcon into another theme will likely have to incorporate gently swaying replica London Underground carriages which also have the ability to move forwards, backwards and sideways without anyone noticing (or caring)

Just get rid of it.

Merlin to buyout the M&D's site, kick out the sleezy Taylors for good, and build a restricting-free Legoland Glasgow.

Though seriously, I'd actually welcome this and exactly that hard given the space there once you cleared the garbage there.
What you been smoking up there QTX? Or maybe there's something in the air....

If someone has gone out of their way to obtain a “don’t frighten me” lanyard, then I’d aver they should know well enough not to go through a scare maze.

While I think the lanyards in principle are a great idea around the park, I kind of agree here - if that's likely a problem for you then maybe don't do a scare maze? I don't think that's an accessibility issue, there are always going to be experiences that don't suit everyone. Like if you don't like heights maybe avoid drop towers...

The lanyards are only intended for scare zones not lanyards, as someone else posted they won’t work in mazes.
As you say if you don’t like mazes don’t go in them. But at Thorpe, zones can be harder to avoid.

What you been smoking up there QTX? Or maybe there's something in the air....
Not out of the realms of possibility considering Merlin want to build Legolands all over the place, that large bit of land M&D's sits on could be exploited well by anyone. Let's face, even Merlin can't do worse than the Taylors. As I said, without the difficult planning rules that LLW has, this won't have any of that which makes it look all the more tempting.

Yes, I'm sadly coming to the conclusion that I'll never see a giant B&M inverted or Mack Hypercoaster being built north of the border but at the very least I want something decent to put me out of my misery...

Anyway, back to Thrope Park.

The resort is currently circling out an email and social posts regarding its logo, and asking for views. The survey can be found here.

Long overdue, I think. It lent itself to the ridiculous bobblehead branding they had years ago, but is not an accurate reflection of the park's current state. Naturally, I've given my strong thoughts on it through the survey. I suspect Trooper Looper will be advocating it remains the same, however.

See, I don’t personally see too much of an issue with the current logo myself. In my opinion, it’s fun, original and inviting.

Admittedly, it might not be the most reflective of the park’s current brand identity, but I quite like it myself, and I’m not really sure what better logo they could replace it with…

I don't mind the logo overall but the bubble style font is a bit crap.

It's been the same style since the Tussauds days so probably time for an update.

I’m not really sure what better logo they could replace it with…
And this is exactly what brand agencies and logo designers are paid to do; come up with relevant and creative replacements. If they partner with a trusted, respectable one (and not a geek), I'm sure they could get something made that brings their brand together cohesively.

It has been and remains one of my biggest bugbears about Thorpe is that their branding still feels disjointed. The re-brand into the island like no other was a great step forward, but not quite the leap they needed.

And this is exactly what brand agencies and logo designers are paid to do; come up with relevant and creative replacements. If they partner with a trusted, respectable one (and not a geek), I'm sure they could get something made that brings their brand together cohesively.

It has been and remains one of my biggest bugbears about Thorpe is that their branding still feels disjointed. The re-brand into the island like no other was a great step forward, but not quite the leap they needed.
I'm surprised they've not got Jack Silkstone or one of his mates to do it. They seem to have got them to do everything else in the park lately!! 🤣

It’s far from perfect, but this is something I quickly made up a while back, I think that the pre 00s logo or a modern take on it would be a better fit for the park currently. It’s a nod to nostalgia and with the way graphic design is going it’s simple yet clear to read and can see it being used and themed differently to different events
a7a44cdbd81d479191433a6320e456d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It’s far from perfect, but this is something I quickly made up a while back, I think that the pre 00s logo or a modern take on it would be a better fit for the park currently. It’s a nod to nostalgia and with the way graphic design is going it’s simple yet clear to read and can see it being used and themed differently to different events
a7a44cdbd81d479191433a6320e456d5.jpg

That classic logo is fantastic but sadly it doesn’t really fit it with the general ‘post-apocalyptic zombie serial killer demonic invasion’ aesthetic that they’ve gone for with half of their rides. It’s just a touch too cheerful for that unfortunately.

Merlin, as far as I’m aware, have never completely changed a park’s logo. They’ve just made slight colour and shape alterations to existing logos.

Not sure why, but complete logo changes just seems to be something which Merlin don’t do.

Merlin, as far as I’m aware, have never completely changed a park’s logo. They’ve just made slight colour and shape alterations to existing logos.

Not sure why, but complete logo changes just seems to be something which Merlin don’t do.

Towers and Chessie have fairly iconic logo’s that have been around for a long time so they only ever tinker with them as it’s part of the brand identity.

Thorpes logo is a lot more recent and I would argue that really that iconic so why wouldn’t you have another go at it.

I’ve always felt they missed a trick not using the infinity loop and portal without the text over the top. Use it as more of an icon and only apply the name when necessary (perhaps alongside or below).

Be interesting to see what direction they take.

That classic logo is fantastic but sadly it doesn’t really fit it with the general ‘post-apocalyptic zombie serial killer demonic invasion’ aesthetic that they’ve gone for with half of their rides. It’s just a touch too cheerful for that unfortunately.

Yeah I guess but it could be used to maybe get away from that image that you have built over the last 10 years.

Whatever they do I just hope that it can last the test of time as they seem to like changing the branding every 5 years, the current brand identity after the ‘island’ theme has only been here for 2 seasons and feels very corporate.