• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Having been a monster in a haunted house once (horrendous), this feels very clunky. Not least because so many people wear so many different lanyards with drinks, photo passes, annual passes etc on - I am not sure how you quickly establish whether you can shout boo or not.

My initial reaction to the lanyards was that they’re stupid - another example of trying to cater for anyone who might be mildly upset about anything. On balance though I’ve got to admit that they are a good idea. It’s not harming anyone else and might even improve the experience for others, if there aren’t as many unnecessary screams and actors focusing on people who actually enjoy the interaction.

Having been a monster in a haunted house once (horrendous), this feels very clunky. Not least because so many people wear so many different lanyards with drinks, photo passes, annual passes etc on - I am not sure how you quickly establish whether you can shout boo or not.

There's a nice tale for the jolly boys outing Rick...
I see you as a cute fluffy monster though mate, sorry.

It’s nothing new. I’ve seen quite a few parks doing “no boo” lanyards and pins. Given the rise in roaming entertainment, vs traditionally limiting it all to the houses/mazes it makes sense. I’d sooner they offer this than water down the event for everyone, trying to dumb down the overall atmosphere.

I’ve looked on the app, and it seems you pay a £5 deposit for it and when you return it you’ll get the money back.

It should be on display at all times and will only work around the park and in the scare zones. They won’t work in the scare mazes due to the nature of them being dark, actors jumping out at you etc.

I’ve looked on the app, and it seems you pay a £5 deposit for it and when you return it you’ll get the money back.

It should be on display at all times and will only work around the park and in the scare zones. They won’t work in the scare mazes due to the nature of them being dark, actors jumping out at you etc.
Indeed, and will only work if an actor is facing you (if they come up behind you they won't see it of course).

If someone has gone out of their way to obtain a “don’t frighten me” lanyard, then I’d aver they should know well enough not to go through a scare maze.
But that would mean that individual is being singled out and its not fair. Why cant the person enjoy the scaremaze without the the worry of a boo or 2.

It only takes one person of this crazy planet and it will lead to this

If someone has gone out of their way to obtain a “don’t frighten me” lanyard, then I’d aver they should know well enough not to go through a scare maze.
While I think the lanyards in principle are a great idea around the park, I kind of agree here - if that's likely a problem for you then maybe don't do a scare maze? I don't think that's an accessibility issue, there are always going to be experiences that don't suit everyone. Like if you don't like heights maybe avoid drop towers...