• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

It’s a shame they’re not looking at replacing the trains, in my view they are what let’s Colossus down in terms of ride experience and capacity/throughput.

Hopefully it’s something they consider once the track work is done presumably in a few years time. Wouldn’t even mind if they went with (less bulky/more comfortable) otsr’s again although lap bars would be fun.

I guess this answers a few questions yet note we hope too wording..source official pass holder group
What's the point of changing the track but not the trains imo they shouldn't even be allowed to run those god awful trains considering the amount of people I know who come of with a migraine for hours, not really the definition of fun or safe.

They've been out done by bloody flamingo land.

What's the point of changing the track but not the trains imo they shouldn't even be allowed to run those god awful trains considering the amount of people I know who come of with a migraine for hours, not really the definition of fun or safe.

They've been out done by bloody flamingo land.

I suspect they are only doing the track because they have to. i.e. because it’s reaching the end of its service life, not out of any attempt to improve the ride experience. Therefore likewise the trains won’t be replaced until they have no choice.

I suspect they are only doing the track because they have to. i.e. because it’s reaching the end of its service life, not out of any attempt to improve the ride experience. Therefore likewise the trains won’t be replaced until they have no choice.
If they really cared about the smoothness of the attraction, then Colossus would receive new trains. The fact it isn't shows that either Thorpe don't care, or not many of the public consider it rough.

IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING LONG-STANDING THORPE PARK RIDE.

It's with a heavy heart that Thorpe Park Official have officially announced that Rocky Express is "To be retired from the theme park industry"

I know some members may find this loss difficult to cope with but there's always hope. If you do need someone to speak to the Samaritans are available on 116 123. Alternatively they can be contacted online at https://www.samaritans.org/.

Last edited:

It's with a heavy heart that Thorpe Park Official have officially announced that Rocky Express is "To be retired from the theme park industry"

I know some members may find this loss difficult to cope with but there's always hope. If you do need someone to speak to the Samaritans are available on 116 123. Alternatively they can be contacted online at https://www.samaritans.org/.
Oh dear, poor ProfessorBurp...

RIP to the best railway themed ride at Thorpe