• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

general election uk GIF by BBC

Thorpe are at it again. They really don’t hang on to management at that park.

From: https://twitter.com/j_silkstone/status/1615982968249647105?s=46&t=YddEepZxg4ikkXX0AmKgxQ

He seems to have experience working at the park, and hopefully will be able to sort stuff out at Thorpe better than divisional directors who have had no prior experience at the park that they are working for. I am currently optimistic.

Has this man been Thorpe's Divisional Director before, or am I making that up?

I only ask because the name "Neil Poulter" definitely sounds familiar in relation to Thorpe Park...

Has this man been Thorpe's Divisional Director before, or am I making that up?

I only ask because the name "Neil Poulter" definitely sounds familiar in relation to Thorpe Park...
He seems to have previously been the General Manager for Thorpe.

I do think one of the big issues at Thorpe is the change in managers every other week, as well as the marketing team.

Which then leads to a different theme and approach every season. Which leads to new branding, theming, entrance, etc every other season.

I also do feel a bit for them cause they clearly get very little budget from merlin each year and generally have to try and market nothing.

Thorpe Parks current logo is just simply really iconic, and a great one to be honest. The reason why they'd Drayton Manorise it, I have no idea.
It's hardly iconic. It's more fitting for a leisure center than a themed amusement park.

If the change of logo is truly legit, then it suits the park far better than the previous one did. It's supposed to be a thrilling 'Island Like No Other'.

Based on what Bobbiejobbieland cooked up recently it could well be real.

Clearly in the wrong job if get paid to create the recent trend of logo style.