• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

They've removed it deliberately. Let's take a leap of faith and assume that they're going to replace it.

It was rotting.

How hideous!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Why have they removed some and not all of it? It just looks like a half finished job now, and looks a lot worse than when it was rotting. Surely it would have made sense to just get rid of it all :/

I imagine because its cheaper to just remove that bit thats rotting and not all of it! It looks horrible though, espeically with all the bits of supports and side walls left.

I dont think that area of Thorpe Park has many years left really, its all old, tatty and certainly doesnt fit Thorpes target.

Oh for gods sake that is just pitiful....how much would it cost to just build a new roof over that section? Not much I bet.

Towers stole the money to get Oblivion painted!

Can you imagine other major parks just removing, and not replacing, entire tunnels? Dear oh dear!

Swarms reversed seats and other side of the billboard look as equally good as the removed tunnel is bad.

Just to say I heard from someone today that Swarm backwards is awesome.

When Swarm first opened people said it was better than Nemesis though. :p I'll wait until I've been on it a few times and enough other people have experienced it.

Quite so and I'm still sceptical myself. Just repeating what I overheard today.

I understand its a friends and family today so it might not be quite like normal season, but does anyone know how backwards Swarm works?

Is that a whole seperate queue for it? Do you just wait till you get to the station? merg point? Or is it like tomorrow and you will need to get a ticket for it during the main season?

The rear cattle pen is for backwards as far as I know.

Welcome to the slowest coaster queue in the UK!

I'm afraid The Swarm just isn't good enough to warrant having to queue in that horrendous cattlepen. It goes to show that no matter how good the theming and audio around might be, nothing can salvage the nightmare of waiting in a long cattepen. Alton Towers take note...

Yes, and it is laughable to think that there was once a time when people contemplated that The Swarm could be a Nemesis beater. Nope, it's not even as good as Inferno! :p

5000 tomorrow.

Which is 3000 less than Towers had on Feb 16th!

Does 5000 peeps mean it'll be fairly quiet? I'm unsure what the average number of people-per-day Thorpe Park usually gets at the weekends.

Also, to put this into more perspective, how many people did Thorpe Park get on Annual Pass day in 2011? Tomorrow cannot be anywhere near as busy as 2011's one.

There were 14,000 there on annual pass day in 2011 and they claimed that they were expecting 4,000.

I think 5,000 is a reasonable number, but with most things on reduced capacity it will be far from walk-ons all day, but with 5,000 people that should be pretty good at boarding etc I'm pretty content with the risk level of my four hour drive.

I wonder if X will be open?

Have fun everyone that is going.

X and Zodiac are unavailable.

Only THORPE would dare open on mothers day!! (except the other parks that open of course).