• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

daveslodge said:
What's this about backwards swarm tickets?

Obviously im aware of the reversed back row for this year, but do you need a specific ticket for this?

Few of us going down on Thursday so if anyone could let me know!

I think it's just for the AP day on Sunday

Cheers guys, guessing that queues on the whole will be fairly small on opening Thursday anyway.

I'd imagine the normal swarm seats will be walk-on all day!

The pre-booked tickets are for annual pass day only.

Burger King, KFC and Pizza Hut are all still shown on the map, which is interesting I guess. Either Thorpe isn't included in Merlin's brand erradication process, or the contracts still have another year or so to run.

I'm glad Pizza Hut and KFC are included are still on there, I love them and they're normally what I eat at Thorpe!

I think they haven't been removed because they're quite popular with the target market.

daveslodge said:
What's this about backwards swarm tickets?

Obviously im aware of the reversed back row for this year, but do you need a specific ticket for this?

Few of us going down on Thursday so if anyone could let me know!

It's only for the MAP preview day on Sunday. Thorpe released 1000 tickets to ride The Swarm backwards on Sunday. Has nothing to do with the main season though so no need to worry!

:)

So whose going to the MAP event on sunday? I'm thinking of going but don't wanna go by myself :/

Themeparkmania said:
I hope that they do not do a fast-track style system for it.

They will no doubt have one akin to the Front Row ones you see on Stealth (and Swarm last year)...

Im not expecting opening day to be busy, last year it was a Thurday and a really nice day, but the park was fairly quiet, probably more annual pass holders there than anything! And with the annual pass day the week before, I imagine there will be even less people there on opening this year.

Josh said:
A better photo of the new billboard was just posted on Thorpe's Twitter page:

BEmBP0-CIAMtn1m.jpg

I have to say I think it looks rather good! ;D
At the bottom right corner, it looks as if something has eaten part of it! :D MMMMMMM! Tasty!

Re: Re: Thorpe Park

AshleeKel said:
So whose going to the MAP event on sunday? I'm thinking of going but don't wanna go by myself :/

Myself, Dave, Russell, Magrathea, Rob and Lottie will be there - get yourself there :D!!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Well then, backwards it is:

549341_351486971623871_777097727_n.jpg

Credit to Xplorer Central

Photo from Thorpe Park Mania:

hoZZGhl.jpg

Looks pretty sexy like that I think!

Also, now this has opened, does it mean Thorpe have the record for the first/only B&M with backwards seats?

Sam said:
Also, now this has opened, does it mean Thorpe have the record for the first/only B&M with backwards seats?

I believe they do yes. Not exactly a record to boast about, or to even mention to anyone else, ever, but a record nonetheless.

Re: Re: Thorpe Park

Sazzle said:
AshleeKel said:

Myself, Dave, Russell, Magrathea, Rob and Lottie will be there - get yourself there :D!!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Just trying to figure out how I'd get there from Staines...is the bus fairly regular?

We now have a picture of the other side of the billboard:

581735_351489918290243_535552586_n.jpg

Not as good as the Paradise Airlines advert on the other side, but I still think it looks pretty cool! Creds to Xplorer Central for the photo

I think text is a bit ironic, as it looks like your head is about to be chopped off by that massive bar in the middle of the billboard. The advert overall isn't as good as the paradise airlines one though.Even if I read it as "Welcome to PAHELL" lol.

Sam said:

I think it is the first B&M to run backwards, but it won't be the only.

Batman: The Ride (the first B&M invert) at SFGA is running backwards this season, and Hollywood Dream at Universal Studios Japan is also running backwards this season. I think both of those are having the entire trains turned around though. Both seem to be for 'trial periods' as opposed to permanent things, much like with Swarm.

image_01_10

image_01_09

Courtsey of Thorpe Park Mania (Live)

OHHH GOD

What an absolute mess that looks! They may as well have let it fall in on itself!