• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

WTF were they thinking with the BK destruction? Just as they put in a highly themed railways station coffee shop, they tear out a highly themed burger bar and turn it into generic shopping centre?

Spending money to make things worse is my biggest hate in Theme Parks, especially when getting funding for anything that isn't a big new thing has been neigh on impossible for decades, but with this and the teacups we have two big lumps of that here.

Who the hell is running this place, and can they be sunk with the Thorpe Belle?

I just hope that they don’t touch kfc and their amazing theming, it could do with a refresh but nothing to ruin the general aesthetic. I am upset that the park are moving to more of an amusement park feel as I can see the park working better with more themes areas :(

I would have thought the Burger King and KFC contracts to have expired by now and the park take them over with Burger Kitchen and Fried Chicken Co.
If I’m remembering correctly, I seem to remember hearing that when the restaurants were first built, RMC signed contracts with Burger King and KFC that lasted for some ridiculously long period of time (something like 70 years?), and that’s why we haven’t seen the chains disappear like we have at other Merlin parks.

I believe that’s also why Thorpe never had McDonald’s like Alton and Chessington did.

Thorpe Park Resort….and Spa.

Disney Hello GIF