• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Great to have some more SRQs return. The one on Stealth was always really useful, was gutted when that was removed - at the time the concept of a disabled entrance with stairs seemed totally absurd to me

TWDTR should have had a SRQ from the off, with the requirement for all seats to be filled it's hugely awkward to try to run the ride without one.

I still think Samurai would have been a good candidate to have a SRQ - with 5 seats per row there's almost certain to be at least a couple of empty seats every ride cycle.

Great to have some more SRQs return. The one on Stealth was always really useful, was gutted when that was removed - at the time the concept of a disabled entrance with stairs seemed totally absurd to me

TWDTR should have had a SRQ from the off, with the requirement for all seats to be filled it's hugely awkward to try to run the ride without one.

I still think Samurai would have been a good candidate to have a SRQ - with 5 seats per row there's almost certain to be at least a couple of empty seats every ride cycle.
Single riders can access Samurai via the Fastrack entrance unless it's changed. I still regret not making use of it last year.

Flying Fish had a SRQ for a while, it then became a front row queue. Why anyone thought either was necessary on that thing entirely escapes me.

Looking forward to making the most of the single rider on saw, for some strange sadistic reason I really seem to enjoy it, more so than the smiler. And if any ride was calling out for a SRQ it was Walking dead! Such a faff for hosts batching that ride. Let’s just hope as others have said towers and other parks follow suit. as they aren’t just used by geeks wandering parks alone, you see many people head into the smiler SRQ to either cut some queue time or if a friend or family members doesn’t fancy it.

Inferno did indeed have one, up the exit ramp. Was there for a good few years.
The issue with things like single rider and rap and fastrack, if they aren’t put in when the ride is new, or money spent on it properly, they just don’t work properly. The single rider on Nemesis at towers was like that, and just didn’t work, when you compare it to The Smiler.

Would be good to get it on Swarm and Colossus but I’m unsure how you would do that without investment. Especially when those rides don’t have any kind of batcher.

Looking forward to making the most of the single rider on saw, for some strange sadistic reason I really seem to enjoy it, more so than the smiler. And if any ride was calling out for a SRQ it was Walking dead! Such a faff for hosts batching that ride. Let’s just hope as others have said towers and other parks follow suit. as they aren’t just used by geeks wandering parks alone, you see many people head into the smiler SRQ to either cut some queue time or if a friend or family members doesn’t fancy it.
The batcher on TWD was lucky when I rode as there were two groups of three, one after the other. My sister and her bf sat together and I sat with one of the other group, while the other two of theirs sat together.

Samurai had a single rider queue when I visited the park last year, I got on straight away each time with it.

Edit - Just seen that somebody already mentioned this earlier.

Probably the news anyone on this forum really cares about, taken from the Thorpe FB group:
7D69AB7F-8991-4843-A054-BF464854CDCA.jpeg

Replacing the Nitrogenie/Cookies N Creamery outlet is the new 'Camden Junction Bar' which is opening Spring.

Camden Junction Bar will be themed to an old signal box, taking inspiration from the new Ghost Train exterior feel. The outlet will over a full bar alongside soft drinks and of course Camden Town beers 😋