• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Just seen Thorpe's 2023 park updates video and given how they separated the Fastrack and RAP queues last season it's funny how they've re-merged them on TWD and Stealth in order to squeeze the SRQs in. Also, the fact they've created a separate accessible map is great!

I'd actually love to jet wash them ( the seats )

Paint already looks patchy on the pavers !
I remember the old numbers in the circles and they were much better.
I don’t really begrudge Chessington for getting attention as, let’s face it, the park was quite literally decaying for over a decade. The place needed major work in practically all areas to bring it up to scratch, and it did seem like the storm of bad press after the Tomb Blaster incident and subsequent “investigations” gave them a rocket up their arse to sort the place out
Yeah, Chessington deserve this attention because this is their biggest investment since Fury. Let’s not forget about Wild Asia and Land Of The Tiger though which were good rethemes but on a much smaller scale. Chessington are very good at doing work across the park in small stages, they do it well.

Last edited:
Hmm, so one of the videos on their Facebook page by the friendly girl mentioned this. Clever wording by her - she didn’t mention it was the lower dome.

Apparently Stealth has had not one but two rollbacks today!
I've heard it's actually had 3!
Typical, just as the park reopens. 😏 People must’ve eaten more this winter. 😆 It was running smoothly last Sunday several times as I walked along Monks Walk.
Very jealous I saw one of them on the Facebook Merlin pass holders group
For those not a member of this group, like me, can we get a video or screenshot on here of it please?

Typical, just as the park reopens. 😏 People must’ve eaten more this winter. 😆 It was running smoothly last Sunday several times as I walked along Monks Walk.

For those not a member of this group, like me, can we get a video or screenshot on here of it please?

From: https://www.facebook.com/groups/annualpassgroup/permalink/2474856775996289/

Sorry I would download it and link the source but as it's a group you need to be apart of to see it but if you can join you can watch it there.

Does the overall positive response to Curse of Alton Manor give optimisum to people about the new 'Ghost Train' at Thorpe Park? I for one am very curious as to how this will play out without VR

Does the overall positive response to Curse of Alton Manor give optimisum to people about the new 'Ghost Train' at Thorpe Park? I for one am very curious as to how this will play out without VR
It really does! I have been on an optimistic streak lately, and I do think that it could be really good!

Optimism is not something I always associate with this forum ...

I think the core distinction between the two is that Duel gave Alton Manor a pretty firm footing in terms of what they were working to achieve. A solid ride system, good capacity and a lot of effects hardware that they incorporated into the build. Fundamentally the 'new' ride is essentially a reimagining of the old.

Although Ghost Train has elements of that, the core technology that was used to provide the narrative and made up the bulk of the experience, has been removed.

I think it's clear to see like with Duel, there is generally a lot of optimism and interest for the new Ghost Train, that people are intrigued it's seemingly more than just the most superficial rehash and change of name. Just the park haven't really done much promotion of it yet, so there's not really much talk yet. I would LOVE to see this attraction finally work out!

The problem is that the design and layout of the attraction doesn't necessarily lend itself well to a good design.

You have to make up reasonings for people to get off and run around to get back on again. At least the ride system for Duel allowed a solid foundation to work off.