• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

It's open. Coming soon sign still open, however.

Fs9QSVTWYAIhY1b
Fs9QSUmWAAE1rJd

May have to abandon Chessie and do two days sat outside this instead.

Don't forget, we're not comparing to Merlin standards anymore when it comes to F&B units, but Aramark standards...
I ask the question again ... what is the deal with Aramark ? Are they responsible for new concepts or are they just 'doing the do' in Merlin's new and existing outlets, whatever they may be. That would likely only be the case if Aramark had no stake in the success of individual outlets, which is possible but slightly odd.

It does seem pretty evident that they are responsible for the photography.

I ask the question again ... what is the deal with Aramark ? Are they responsible for new concepts or are they just 'doing the do' in Merlin's new and existing outlets, whatever they may be. That would likely only be the case if Aramark had no stake in the success of individual outlets, which is possible but slightly odd.

It does seem pretty evident that they are responsible for the photography.
My guess is they only operate the concept that Thorpe/Merlin come up with. They might have some control over food menus but it would be the park deciding this venue is a bar and Aramark would have to run the bar.

Thorpe have run full on club nights, drinking all day, thousands of smashed people riding, and it all went surprisingly well really.

Never been to one. Maybe it actually relaxes the uptight millenials so they aren't all being idiots and makes them, normal?

My guess is they only operate the concept that Thorpe/Merlin come up with. They might have some control over food menus but it would be the park deciding this venue is a bar and Aramark would have to run the bar.
Don't believe that's what all the original news about the Aramark contract stated. Yes, they of course primarily staff and operate the units, procuring food etc., but it was also stated that they would be heavily involved with the 'refresh' of existing units, and addition of new ones. I suspect they're designed and implemented by Aramark, with only some collaboration/discussion with Merlin (around brand guidelines etc).