• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

It also doesn't help that they don't use the airgates so it's far harder to control who sits where. (Also for some reason Flying Fish never uses its airgates).

Why not just have one operator on each side when the ride is loaded?

They seemed to be moving people around a lot for rebalancing weight on Easter Sunday, frustratingly long wait for what should have been a short queue for a filler ride.

That was probably because us lot rolled up. It barely made it over with 69 metric tons of enthusiast on board.

Quantum has fewer air gates than rows, making them basically useless for batching. Then they half fill it from the exit side before letting in people from main queue - all very inefficient.

In episode number 439 of the Thorpe Park series 'doing anything but fix the huge problems this park has' they are seemingly introducing The Swarm themed 'rooms' in the Shark Hotel. 🤷‍♀️

Looks like these come at a £60 premium on the standard rooms, and feature 'Swarm theming' (no idea what this will entail and there is no concept art or pictures), a view of The Swarm (through the tiny porthole on the room door) and unlimited Swarm fastrack on check out day.

From: https://twitter.com/thorpepark/status/1650109195168120837?s=46&t=zG_i8R9vX93ZZU0RljfzWA

See we stayed on site at TP on Friday night... yes we are pass holders... yet it was only £10 more each ( when you added breakfast on ) to stay at shark than drive off site to the premier inn down the road.

Not the best style of rooms as we know yet saves me driving after already driving us 3 hours + to get there and it included 2 hours fastrack which enabled us to get the park done or thereabouts by 12 noon ( we had been in all day Friday too )

Really impressed with Thorpe handling of queue jumpers yesterday. There was a a group of 3 who tried twice to join up with their friends at the front of the queue. (This was first thing on Saw when the queue was about 50 mins). Both times there was a very very stern announcement over the tannoy “You are queue jumping, I can see you, you cannot join your friends, go right to the back of the queue, I know your faces, you will not be getting on the ride if you carry on!” Then on the second announcement “I have already told you once, go to the back, security are coming”. It was great.
Also operations on Inferno were fantastic…..everytime a train came in announcing “you have 30 seconds to get in your seat and do your restraints or the train is going without you!” Ride ops hustling, trains flying out.
Had a really good day.
Shame about Colossusus still being shut though, I actually really like that coaster.

Stealth is a pain for queue jumpers in my experience. Twice now a host has moved the gate to elongate the line and some little berks have just moved it back effectively jumping in front of those of us who followed instructions and went the long way round. Just where you go under the track so effectively hidden from view. Not sure what they could do about it except wait there for a bit whilst enough people file part to establish the new queue. Even had two lads jump the fence to go round me when I said I wouldn’t let them past.